Senior Manager Project Development – MENA & Sub-Saharan Africa
Our client is a multinational developer working across the global solar PV Markets. They are looking for an experienced Solar PV Business Developer to identify and secure new projects opportunities in the MENA and Sub-Saharan African region. Developing the projects, structuring the deal and bringing the opportunities towards closing of execution contracts and financing. The position will require travel in support of international business development.
- Develop and in-depth understanding of the region’s power markets and opportunities for utility-scale solar PV projects in the markets
- Develop relationships with authorities, regulators and utilities
- Identify and nurture relationships with local/regional developers, brokers, banks, contractors, etc. in order to identify project opportunities
- Identify, screen and evaluate new business and project opportunities including:
- Project specific financial models and investment memos
- Optimal technical solutions with technical teams
- Risk assessments related to the projects, including real estate risks, political risks, permitting and environmental risks, and financial risks and corresponding mitigation strategies
- Negotiate with prospective partners and establish project development or acquisition agreements
- Initiate, oversee and lead project development efforts including:
- Initial commercial arrangements with project stakeholders
- Securing land
- Environmental and social impact studies, develop action plans
- Obtaining local project approvals and interconnection rights from utility ;
- Negotiating bankable Power Purchase Agreement with off-taker
- Support the process of Project Finance preparation for the projects
- Support the process of Execution preparation for the projects
- Formal educational background
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including 3-4 years experience in project or business development in the energy industry
- Experience from the renewable energy sector is an advantage
- Experience with contract negotiations is an advantage.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Harry Gibson
Apply for Senior Manager Project Development – MENA & Sub-Saharan Africa
The Green Recruitment Company are assisting a leading, independent infrastructure and private equity investment...
May 8th, 2017
L’organisation: Notre client est une société de services dédiée aux parcs éoliens et...
May 15th, 2017
The Company: Our client is an international presence and offer the candidate a...
July 12th, 2017
The Green Recruitment Company have been exclusively engaged by a CHP/BMS provider, seeking...
September 29th, 2017