Senior Development Engineer
Position supports the development of Photovoltaic Systems and reviews all the engineering activities for the entire project development cycle. Plans site studies and design activities and through collaboration establishes the most cost-effective technical solutions for project design and realization. Manages external engineering firms and coordinates review activities, liaising with any involved stakeholders. Qualifies and establishes strong relationships with subcontractors and providers, supporting the development department in qualifying received project quotations. Supervises the technical handover between development and construction when the construction of the projects starts.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Liaises with project development team to coordinate design requirements, studies, scheduling, deadlines and target service level for each task type
- Carries out the overall planning of project design activities, internally and with external engineering resources, in order to ensure the on time emission of the project design documentation and a proactive notification to development dept. in case of expected delays
- Supports project development team in managing technical liaisons with local administrative authorities and other local organizations
- Liaises with or manages external advisors, development partners, planning related service providers, technical consultants, subcontractors, surveyors, clients, landowners, CENACE-grid operator, electric utilities and other involved stakeholders
- Conducts site visits and performs project technical feasibility assessments
- Promotes and coordinates the studies to be carried out at development stage
- Assures the control and availability of input data and technical interface data necessary for development of the project
- Designs photovoltaic systems ranging in scale from commercial to utility scale and creates professional drawings including civil, mechanical, electrical and monitoring aspects utilizing AutoCAD and PVSyst, amongst other design tools
- Establishes the most appropriate technical solutions for project design and realization, carrying out a cost/benefit analysis of technically similar or equivalent solutions and checking the compliance with Engineering Technical Specifications and with local and international standards
- Carries out Engineering Technical Due Diligence to check/validate the quality of studies, reports and any other externally provided technical document. Coordinates and manages external engineering firms and/or outsourced designers ensuring an appropriate review/approval process for the design of PV plant and interconnection.
- Programmes, conducts and documents Project Design Reviews in order to provide an analysis of the project design’s technical consistency, correspondence to the project’s economic and scheduling objectives, and applicable legislation and regulations for the plant’s operation
- Prepares and reviews Purchasing Technical Specifications for equipment/materials or services
- Carries out a technical analysis of the project during design and potentially construction stage in order to identify any non-conformities and to propose suitable solutions for project design and/or technical problem issues
- Ensures engineering documentation is up to date at any time during the entire project development cycle
- Scouts, qualifies and establishes strong relationships with subcontractors and local providers
- Produces and optimises cost models for development projects in coordination with Business Development Managers.
- Assists Business Development Managers during the final stages of contract closures
- Reviews the pre-construction project package to ensure all contractual requirements are met before the start of construction
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Engineering or technical discipline related to the field of Solar PV
- Use of AutoCAD, PVSyst and any other industry databased and tools used for design and modelling
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Experience with medium voltage, multi-MW scale photovoltaic systems; experience with smaller rooftop projects a plus Experience with medium and high voltage grid connections, including transmission lines and substations
- Familiarity with the Mexican Solar market, and knowledge of applicable building and electrical codes for the region
- Proven experience in designing, developing and building solar PV or renewable energy systems
- Willingness to travel
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Sergio Perner
- +44203 640 2130
Apply for Senior Development Engineer
TGRC are proud to announce their exclusive engagement with a world leading OEM...
February 27th, 2017
The Green Recruitment Company have been exclusively engaged to seek a technically astute,...
March 23rd, 2017
The Green Recruitment Company are pleased to be working with a leading muti-disciplinery Engineering...
March 22nd, 2017
The Project: Located in the Baltic Sea, approximately 75 km from the mainland...
December 19th, 2016