Senior Business Development Manager – Industrial Generation
District Heating & CHP
Our client, a leading International Energy Provider are looking to recruit a Senior Business Development Manager to grow their industrial generation offering across the UK. This position will provide sector or segment specific focus on large scale generation in the industrial sector developing long term relationships with targeted clients.
The main purpose of the role is to originate, develop and evaluate the revenue development potential of industrial generation prospects. You will lead the development plans to maximise our clientâ€™s revenue and their customer savings whilst developing and maintaining multiple relationships. You will be working alongside our clientâ€™s virtual team to support both the deals and the client relationships. As a senior member of the Business Development team, you will also provide support and development for the division
This role requires a commercially minded individual with a proven track record within the Industrial Generation industry. You will have extensive experience in the market evaluation and sales process of multimillion pound projects.
As Senior Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide coaching/mentoring and in the field development for other members of the Business Development team.
- Own and nurture board level relationship with targeted business in the industrial sector, specifically in paper and petrochemical
- Own a segment or sector with very high average deal sizes and long sales processes. Specific market and segment knowledge will be critical
- Provide â€˜in the fieldâ€™ mentoring, support and development for the Business Development team
- Identify and target new business opportunities within specific market sectors in line with the overall business strategy
- Leads sales pipeline development process: relationship development, â€˜route to marketâ€™ process management (PQQ, RFI, RFP, proposal, negotiated, advertising/press campaigns)
- Identifies and understands clientâ€™s specific key drivers and develops solutions for success, (e.g. sector experience, coverage, CHP experience, technical capabilities)
- Ensure internal governance is adhered to; management reporting & authorisation processes
- Sales Closure â€“ supports the development team in managing the client relationship through to contract closure
- Balanced focus across sales process elements; pipeline development, formal processes (RFI / RFP), sales conversion, post-award & internal governance
- Identify & engage in industry forums & networking opportunities to strengthen market presence of the business
- Provide continual feedback & guidance to local & wider business support and management functions â€“ engage business at all levels
- Work at a high level across many business and client functions and engage in a wide range of complex issues
- Manage and direct cross-functional / virtual account teams.
- Keep up to date a strategic plan for each assigned account.
- Engaging CEOâ€™s, Managing Directors and Senior Managers of large and corporate companies or investment houses
- Handle deals in excess of Â£30 Million, with a wide range of robust commercial decision making within governance.
- Manage a small client base of strategically important customers and/or provides detailed sector specific knowledge, insight and contacts
- Expect to support the closing of one or two very large deals per annum
- Experience in developing and growing relationships at board level in UK corporate environment
- In excess of five yearsâ€™ experience within either the paper of petrochemical industries
- Have an excellent level of product knowledge of the use of energy with the target market sectors and the use of on-site heat and power generation.
- Have the experience and gravitas to be credible to build relationships at Board Level
- Experience of energy and/or services procurement within the industrial sector or in the development and delivery of power generation within the industrial sector
- Deep market knowledge in specific sectors â€“ understanding of commercial drivers, decision making processes and key relationships
- Motivation and drive to identify and search out new strategic customer opportunities.
- First class sales and negotiation skills; the ability to develop and deliver professional sales proposals to board level
- Proven interpersonal and effective communication skills
- An understanding of large customer energy requirements
- Commercial acumen to understand the trade-offs between risk and reward
- Understand the UK energy market and key drivers and the effect it has on UK business energy customers
- Ability to Mentor and Coach
- Detailed knowledge of the B2B solutions market
- Sound Business knowledge of UK Corporates
- Commercial Agility
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Tim Hall
- +44 (0) 203 640 2130
Apply for Senior Business Development Manager – Industrial Generation
Role Purpose This individual will be responsible for the identification and securing of...
May 18th, 2017
Summary: Our client are a leading design build company specialising specifically in heat...
April 25th, 2017
Summary: Our client, a leading International Energy Provider are looking to recruit a...
August 9th, 2017
Summary: The Green Recruitment Company are working with a leading, international energy and...
April 25th, 2017