Risk Manager/Account Manager
Job Title: Risk Manager/Account Manager
Industry Sector: Energy Procurement
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £40,000
Site/Office Location: South East
Consultant: Andrew Green
We are working alongside one of the leading international energy consultancy’s in their search for a Risk Manager. The firm offers integrated energy services including procurement, compliance, strategy, implementation, operations and maintenance, with a focus on international blue-chip clients.
This role is an important interface to their clients. The key successful outcome of this role will be to ensure they have understood and accepted the risk management and trading strategy; this includes any adaptation or changes which are required as market or client circumstances change. Ultimately, if the price achieved is not the optimal possible, the clients need to understand that this is consistent with their decisions about risk. The client stakeholders cover the full spectrum of understanding regarding energy procurement and forwardbuying strategies, so the abilities to explain concepts at an appropriate level of complexity and to debate complex trade-offs with an expert are both important. The role needs to enhance the trust between the business and our clients.
• Primary responsibility: The timely production and delivery of Risk Management Strategies which are understood and signed by clients – this will require expertise to establish credibility with well-informed clients / suppliers and a good communication style to engage with less well-informed clients
• Design, development, implementation and ownership of best practise energy risk policies, guides, strategies, controls and plans – strategic and tactical – corporate level and individual clients and baskets level, taking into account portfolio purchasing optimisation
• Development and implementation of risk methodology techniques, key performance indicators, performance reporting and benchmarking guidelines
• Working closely with UK / EU suppliers and other counterparties (banks) to develop and deliver innovative energy procurement / risk management product and services to support growth
• Support Account Management with client queries relating to energy markets and trading
• Produce client reports on their positions and our trading performance
• Produce client-ready market intelligence as required (based on research and analysis from Trading)
• Provide reactive communications / consultation with clients as required, for example if we wish to diverge from the RMS
• Support sales to existing and new clients as a subject matter expert in energy risk management, markets and trading
• Produce client budgets
• Work in-line with Code of Practice
• Excellent management, leadership, coaching, development and motivational skills
• Strategic high level thinking skills with keen attention to detail
• Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
• Outstanding analytical, risk modelling and numerical reasoning skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Professional, resourceful, assertive and persuasive – communicate in appropriate way at all times
Qualifications or Required Experience:
• Degree level educated – BSc or MSc in Economics, Finance, Maths, Risk Management, or Business Administration
• A proven track record of fostering strong long term client / supplier relationships at a UK and global level
• Has a capacity to formulate clear vision and ability to conceptualise and understand the bigger picture in procurement and risk management, with an emphasis on key detail
• Deep practical experience and understanding of the UK / EU energy risk management, strategy development and trading of electricity or natural gas gained either within an energy supply company or in a risk management role within an energy consultancy
• Exceptional knowledge of the UK / EU electricity, natural gas, LNG, oil, coal and carbon markets – industrial and commercial sectors, including good understanding of the UK / EU energy regulation and legislation
• Working experience in client / company risk management, risk minimisation, strategy setting, price and portfolio optimisation, risk modelling, simulations (Monte Carlo) and position reporting
• Able to confidently and clearly present, communicate and sell the company’s value proposition to an executive level – global suppliers, clients, prospects and internal management board
• Previous experience in strategic business development, new product development and relationship management within the UK / EU energy sector
• Project management skills – ability to manage competing and complex client/supplier demands, liaise with energy suppliers and adhere to high quality standards often to tight deadlines in high performance culture
• Innovative thinker – able to express thoughts and commercial ideas and relate complex products and services in simple terms
• Analytical skills and great attention to detail – ability to manage a large volume of information, paying close attention to detail to ensure all clients continue to receive an excellent level of service, have full understanding of risk, probability and volatility in order to set realistic expectations
• Client focus – able to oversee the resolution of any client problems, ensure superb customer service through deep understanding of every client’s particular needs, can make each client feel unique, happy and special by exceeding their expectations
• A good team player, who is a self-starter, likes to get the job done properly first time
• Organisation skills – ability to take a proactive approach to work and to manage a busy workload independently
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills – both written and verbal
• Self-motivated, persuasive, logical, able to bring people around to their way of thinking • Able to create and maintain high value, meaningful, positive, effective, long-lasting business relationships with clients, prospects, colleagues, suppliers and other energy industry entities
• High level of commercial acumen and business awareness, excellent strategic thinking and planning, ability to understand and integrate complex numerical requirements and understand compound P&Ls
• IT skills – advanced level in all MS packages (Word, Excel, PP), REUTERS Eikon / Bloomberg
• Additional European languages (French, German, Spanish) would be an advantage
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44 (0) 203 640 2130
The Green Recruitment Company is a specialist recruitment agency that recruits across the environmental and waste management sectors. If this role is not of interest but you are looking for a new opportunity, please contact the named consultant who would be happy to discuss current vacancies in your target area.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Andrew Green
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Risk Manager/Account Manager
Summary: Our client is a multinational energy company, currently seeking an Energy Analyst...
November 8th, 2017
Job Title: National Sales Manager Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job Type: Permanent Salary:...
October 23rd, 2017
Job Title: Account Manager Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job Type: Permanent Salary: Flexible Depending...
June 9th, 2017
The Client: Due to anticipated growth, The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside...
December 21st, 2017