We are working alongside one of the leading energy consultancy’s in their search for a Risk Manager. The firm offers integrated energy services including procurement, compliance, strategy, implementation, operations and maintenance, with a focus on multi-national blue-chip clients.
You will be responsible for developing trading and risk metrics to enhance the performance of risk management strategies. You will have an input into maximising commercial and qualitative values of trading department through daily activities. You will be primarily responsible for the performance of trading for individual clients, providing market intelligence, building relationship with internal and external stakeholders. You will take a lead on developing new products, energy trading and risk management in-house systems.
Furthermore, you will take a lead on producing analytical models and supplying a constant stream of market data and outlook to the trading desk. You will also produce reports daily with a quantitative focus to inform trading strategy and deliver projects to inform trading decisions. Understanding commodity markets and the fundamental drivers will be vital as underpinning such markets will be a key part of this role.
This will join one of the largest teams in the company that is responsible for delivering on customer service aspects in line with contractual agreements through many of the products and services ranging from energy procurement and risk management to data quality and business support. The effective and accurate delivery of this position is key in ensuring that the core function of the business is ran effectively and the renewal of existing UK and European energy supply contracts and the support of business development team in winning new business across the UK and Europe.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that trade confirmations are properly entered deal capture systems.
- Ensure compliance with risk policy and risk management strategy and procedures.
- Responsible for providing independent, timely, globally aligned and accurate valuations of trading book position, exposure, performance data and analysis to facilitate trading execution, control of trading, management reporting, market risk management and compliance.
- Ensure all trading activity, fees and positions are accounted for.
- Optimise a portfolio and generate revenue. Assess market trends and conditions to recommend new opportunities to participate in the wholesale power/gas market conditions for internal and external use.
- Establish regular meetings with Account Managers, Procurement Managers, Sales Managers to build collaborative relationships across the company in order to promote cross selling.
- Build positive relationships with traders at suppliers trading desks. Utilise and enhance existing tools, documentation, process & training in providing professional services to Procurement Managers/Account Managers.
- To monitor and analyse the performance of flexible products to identify and take advantage of opportunities to maximise profitable growth.
- Research articles on structural developments in the European energy markets, collect economic, fundamental and financial information specific to a commodity market, conduct market sector or statistical analysis and will interpret key market data elements into useful business information.
- Look to leverage your educational knowledge when performing analysis on data and articulate findings through written and presentation formats delivered to internal and external stakeholders like Procurement/Account Managers.
- Run operational and management reports.
- Provide technical and historical background information to other departments or personnel to successfully respond to regulatory requests to modify or justify wholesale power sale agreements.
- Investigation and resolution of all trading queries.
- Be responsible for delivery of analytics within, including non-commodity costs, power purchase agreements, sleeving options and other products.
- Contribute to Identification and improvements business processes.
- Contribute to the development of the performance parameters for stakeholders to ensure the ongoing competitiveness
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Tom Brookes
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Risk Manager
The Company: Our client, a fast-growing investment management business, is looking to hire...
July 4th, 2017
THE CLIENT: The Green Recruitment Company represents a developer and operator of privately financed...
May 11th, 2017
The Green Recruitment Company represent a market leading renewable energy company. The business...
August 2nd, 2017
THE CLIENT: The Green Recruitment Company represents a market leading Economic Consulting Practice...
May 30th, 2017