Property Manager – Onshore Wind
My client is a global leader in developing renewable projects. They develop, engineer, construct and operate projects worldwide that help work towards a low carbon, sustainable future. They are currently seeking a Property Manager for their offices in Central Scotland.
The role will have responsibility for managing the acquisition of all property agreements required for the development, construction and operation of wind and energy storage projects. This will involve taking the lead role in property negotiations and production of agreements from site inception through financial close and construction and into generation. The role will also be responsible for co-ordinating internal and external resources as required to secure the required agreements.
The focus will be on securing land agreements on time, managing risk for the business, reducing whole life costs, and adding value to the projects.
- Secure negotiated property agreements within the commercial constraints of the project and enable the development, construction and operation of all projects with a focus on reducing whole life costs.
- Negotiate appropriate terms which balance risk, quality and cost commensurate with the needs of the project.
- Provide property advice to the Project teams.
- Develop positive relationships with landowners, landowner’s solicitors and agents to maintain existing opportunities and seek new opportunities through a network of contacts.
- Manage the property transaction process within the framework of the overall project Programme.
- Balance in-sourcing and out-sourcing of legal input to the property process to minimise costs.
- Instruct and manage external solicitors and agents.
- Produce draft property heads of terms and reach agreement on final terms.
- Provide support and advice to the UK&I Development Team to meet the needs of the project.
- Maintain an awareness of market rates, trends and influencing factors and devise a strategy to ensure the company’s offering is competitive in the market and appropriate for the returns delivered.
- Provide property support for transactions and closing projects including management of property due diligence.
- Maintain relationships internally with other property managers to ensure that best practice processes are developed appropriate to the lean business we are driving.
- Ensure internal approvals are obtained for all property documents.
- Contribute to the management of targets, project programmes and budgets.
- Have a working knowledge of property law and documentation.
- Extensive knowledge of option and lease documentation in the UK
- Experience of renewable energy project land negotiations e.g. wind farms, energy storage and solar PV, is an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of key commercial drivers for the economics of an onshore wind farms and other renewable energy projects.
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Managing and co-ordinating inputs from project team members.
- Extensive experience in property acquisition & development and/or Landlord & Tenant negotiations for infrastructure projects, ideally onshore wind farms or other renewable energy technologies.
- A degree in estates management or equivalent experience, preferably with Chartered Surveyor status – general practice or rural.
- Clean UK driving license and flexibility to travel throughout the UK & Ireland.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Geraint Powell
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Property Manager – Onshore Wind
The Client: An innovate energy storage company that has established itself over the...
November 15th, 2017
The Client: We are working for one of the UK’s leading developers...
February 8th, 2018
The Client: An innovate energy storage multinational company that has established itself over...
January 2nd, 2018
The Client: One of the UK’s leading developers and service providers in...
February 8th, 2018