Project Manager – East England
Job Title: Project Manger
Industry Sector: Utilities
Job Type: Permanent
Regional Coverage: East: Peterborough / Cambridge
Consultant: Jacob Gilles
With 20 years’ experience delivering cost-effective gas, electric and water networks along with sustainable & renewable solutions to new housing, commercial and industrial developments nationwide this company have established themselves as a brilliant and exciting company to work for.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the safe installation and working of company networks. This position is based working from home covering the East region, therefore applicants ideally need to be located in the PE (Peterborough) or CB (Cambridge) postcode region and a full driving licence is essential. The Project Manager will also be responsible for Health and Safety matters relating to the Installation and Commissioning of the Utility Networks.
Reporting into the Regional Construction Manager, the main responsibilities are:
- Initial and ongoing site meetings including CDM pack handover
- It is a specific expectation every new site will be contacted within a week of being notified of its existence
- Supervision that the assets are constructed as designed, in a safe manner, and are recorded correctly
- Project Management of Network construction including material control
- Monthly site progress meetings (larger sites)
- Liaison with the Central Scheduling Team
- Large mains/cable materials selection
- Progression of site variations
- To carry out and record competency interviews with operatives
- Operative health & safety issues
- Health & safety incident investigation and reporting
- Site audits / Team audits / Van audits
- It is a specific expectation every direct team will be inspected once a month
- Audit of site preparation
- Assist with existing asset and/or plant queries
- Assist with emergencies
- Closure of corrective actions
The incumbents must have significant experience and/or qualifications as well as having a working knowledge of current Legislation, Technical Standards & Specifications, Codes of Practice and Recommendations relating to one of the following utilities; Gas, Electric or Water Distribution Systems. The incumbent must also have a working knowledge of both of the other utilities to enable safe and efficient management of network construction.
The post holder should preferably have one of the following:
- Authorising Engineer registration (gas)
- Senior Authorised Person (electric)
- NCO3 (water) qualifications.
In addition to this the incumbent should preferably currently hold all of the following:
- NRSWA supervisory card
- relevant SHEA card
- CSCS registration.
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44 (0) 203 640 2130
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Jacob Gilles
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Project Manager – East England
The Green Recruitment Company have just been engaged by a forward thinking, multi-disciplinary...
January 25th, 2017
Job Title: Commercial Data Manager Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job Type: Permanent Salary: Up...
June 9th, 2017
Summary: We are currently working with a well-funded, UK energy company. This forward-thinking...
February 21st, 2017
Summary: A great opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer to join a fast...
May 31st, 2017