Procurement and Logistics Manager – Solar PV – Buckinghamshire
About the Company
A renewable energy company headquartered in Munich with global interests in wind, solar PV, biogas and solar PV panel trading, as well as related sectors. Worldwide it employs over 1,000 people and has main offices in Germany, UK, France, Italy, Austria and the USA. Its ultimate parent company see’s over EUR 15bn revenue and 17,000 employees worldwide.
Manages in excess of 2.3 GW of renewable energy assets and has been active in the UK since 2010, and the Operation Services team looks after a growing portfolio of 440 MW of solar PV and 180 MW of onshore wind.
With the recent acquisition of a UK based O&M company our Operation Services expands its UK reach with a dedicated England-based solar PV O&M team of 15. This extends and complements the already-established UK team of staff working across Wind Projects, technical and commercial Operation Services for wind and solar, and related supporting functions.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Procurement Manager to join our Milton Keynes-based Operations Team. Reporting directly to the Solar Senior Operations Manager, the candidate will be responsible for all day-to-day procurement activities across the project portfolio and on the company’s own behalf. The successful candidate will be continuously looking for ways to streamline these processes for operational and cost efficiency. The role will suit a candidate who is a good negotiator, highly organised, with excellent attention to detail and an ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ensure the organisation secures the best deals for products and services it purchases
- Continually develop, evaluate and manage suppliers to ensure they meet business needs and are in line with company values
- Attend meetings with potential suppliers, conduct supplier comparison analysis and facilitate negotiations
- Manage warranty information and negotiations, and ensure the company’s operational activities remain compliant with warranty terms
- Maintain an inventory list of spares for all sites and ensure all used spares are replenished
- Manage flow of materials in and out of storage centers and maintain a stock list for each facility
- Help create a system of centralised spare parts stock in the UK, with international links
- Create purchase orders and quotes for the operations team and on the company’s behalf
- Co-ordinate with the operations team to determine supplier timelines and adjust as necessary
- Consult with the operations team on procurement strategies and new ideas to help reduce cost and liability risk to the business
- Stay up-to-date on market changes that can affect supply and demand of components.
- Help with the development of company processes
- Undertake general daily admin
Experience and Skills
- Relevant University Degree
- Proven track record in Procurement Management of operational Solar Plants
- Good understanding of design, assembly and installation of ground mount solar farms
- Working knowledge of project planning processes and able to multi task effectively
- Able to remain composed and professional under pressure, keeping a positive outlook
- Driven and able to take initiative, utilising time efficiently in order to meet deadlines effectively
- Excellent attention to detail with an emphasis on safety
- Logical thinker and clear communicator, with solid interpersonal skills
- Has the aptitude to identify methods for improving own activities and processes in use within the customer service team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good Negotiation skills
- Good IT skills in word/excel
- CIPS qualified
- Existing contacts with solar PV component manufacturers and wholesalers
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Harry Davies
Apply for Procurement and Logistics Manager – Solar PV – Buckinghamshire
The Organisation: Our client is an independent international engineering and project management consultancy....
June 16th, 2017
Contexte Notre client est un promoteur international, un investisseur actif et un gestionnaire...
May 26th, 2017
The Company We are one of the longest running solar PV specialists in...
July 5th, 2017
Our client is a multinational developer working across the global solar PV Markets. They are...
December 5th, 2017