Our client is an independent international engineering and project management consultancy. They have been working with clients to successfully deliver projects which contribute to improving living circumstances around the world for 135 years. Their 6,000 colleagues, spread over 150 countries are committed to their promise to enhance society together.
Our client currently has an exciting new position for a Principal Civil Engineer for their Offshore Renewables department to be ideally based in either Peterborough or Birmingham with flexibility for other locations. This is a new role to deliver and manage consultancy services to their current and new clients in the renewable energy sector, in particular the offshore wind sector. This is a stimulating opportunity to work within a vibrant and experienced team, where you will have early responsibility and the chance to work with a prestigious group of clients, opening up a new business area. Growth of this sector will lead to the development of a new team with leadership from this role.
The ideal candidate will have an extensive experience of large infrastructure projects, particularly the design and installation of onshore electrical infrastructure for offshore wind projects including cable landfalls, buried cables and large substation civils.
It is anticipated that the candidate would be able to take the lead in the provision of engineering consultancy advice to clients on the concept and design development of onshore civils solutions to enable the safe and efficient installation of key project elements including:
- HDD landfalls
- Design and installation of transition pits and cable junction pits
- Cable installation techniques including trenching, ducting, HDD, thrust boring and other installation techniques
- Civils design for permanent access road and temporary access works
- Civils design for HVAC and HVDC substations over 500MW up to 2GW
A key element of the role will be to win work and to build upon the skills within the team to deliver a high-quality engineering consultancy service to the renewable energy industry, with a focus on the offshore wind sector.
Project responsibility will be varied from inception of defining clients design briefs to inspection/auditing, specification and design. The candidate should be able to demonstrate flexibility, dynamism and the ability to lead in business development of the renewables market sector.
- BEng / MEng in Civil/Structural Engineering or BSc/MSc in Geology
- Chartered status – CEng, MIStructE / MICE or CGeol, MGS
- Extensive post education experience.
- Experience in the following areas preferred:
- Wind farms (offshore / onshore)
- Underground services routing
- Civil design of major HVAC or HVDC substations
- Cable landfall design
- Electrical Interconnectors
- Horizontal directional drilling
- Site investigations
- Design / Consultancy
- Application of key legislation
- Hold a full UK driving licence
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Geraint Powell
- +44 203 640 2130
Apply for Principal Consultant
The Client: Our client is a young but well-respected energy company, looking to...
July 17th, 2017
The Green Recruitment Company have been engaged by a leading energy services provider...
October 25th, 2017
Overview: Site Managers with Multi Utility Diversion Experience required for ongoing projects in Central London....
May 17th, 2017
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Embedded Generation Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job...
July 18th, 2017