Principal Consultant – Due Diligence
My client has more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, and is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of nearly 150 years, they specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
My client is looking to recruit a wind energy due diligence engineer as part of an ongoing increase in capacity to meet the market needs. The role is technical in nature and would suit someone looking for a commercial and customer facing role.
The role will involve providing technical consulting services throughout the development, procurement, construction and operation phases of renewable energy projects, including technical due diligence to investors and lenders as well as lenders and owners engineering support.
While currently the role would be focussed on the onshore wind market, there will be opportunity to be involved in both offshore wind and solar.
Work within the Commercial Onshore team to promote and deliver the company’s services, principally to Investors and Lenders, but also dealing with developers and owners.
As an engineer in this team the individual will be expected to:
- Work on due diligence projects, including reviewing of documentation relating to wind conditions, turbine suitability, ground conditions, planning and construction.
- Contract review work including review of clauses, technical specification and the allocation of risk to relevant parties.
- Be involved with contract negotiation alongside the customer’s legal team.
- Review the financial model for projects including revenue assumptions, capital costs and operations costs.
- After an initial period of learning, progress to managing due diligence projects.
- Support the continuous improvement of the business through the development of tools and processes.
- Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management.
The project work is often fast paced with tight timeframes. The candidate must be willing to work with complex tasks under such deadline pressure, and be comfortable in managing workflow to deliver work on time (working with line manager and other team members to allocate work effectively).
On appointment the candidate must have:
- Experience in the renewables industry in a technical consulting, developer or financing capacity.
- An appropriate degree/higher degree in an engineering or relevant subject.
- Proven ability to produce clear written reports and communicate verbally in English.
- Good IT skills, and experience using MS Office suite packages.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver complex tasks to tight timelines.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Adaptability, and able to cope with a wide variety of tasks.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Previous experience in performing due diligence activities.
- Good understanding of wind energy and previous experience in wind lender and owners engineer activities
- Understanding of standard contract forms in construction, in particular for renewable energy projects
- Understanding of Irish planning as applied to onshore wind
- Good understanding of project finance structures and the financial models for wind farm projects
- Professional Expertise – demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area; participates in continuous professional development.
- Networking – builds a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilises it to achieve objectives.
- Initiative & Responsibility – acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for the results.
- Business Development – identifies and seizes commercial opportunities; has a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- Effective Communication – communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively.
- Systematic Approach – uses a methodical and systematic approach; plans ahead, defines clear priorities and allocates resources effectively.
- Analysis & Judgement – quickly understands and analyses complex issues and problems; comes up with sound and rational judgements.
Work with the Commercial Onshore team to promote and deliver due diligence for lenders, investors and owners through the development, construction and operation of onshore wind farms.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Geraint Powell
- +44 (0) 203 640 2130
Apply for Principal Consultant – Due Diligence
The Client: Our client is a young but well-respected energy company, looking to...
July 17th, 2017
The Role: Based on regular client engagement (internal and external) define requirements for...
July 26th, 2017
The Company The Green Recruitment Company is representing a global solar developer specializing...
May 21st, 2017
The Company: Our client is a well-established Solar PV expert. They are prided...
July 17th, 2017