Piping Design Engineer
District Heating & CHP
Our client, a multinational energy company are seeking a Design Engineer for their District Heating team in London. This is an exciting opportunity for a design professional with piping design experience, to get fully immersed into the world of district heating across multi-million-pound projects in the UK
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Size and specify valves, instruments and piping components.
- Calculate and model district network energy flow
- Develop projects from an outline brief and specification.
- Undertake piping stress analysis
- Produce 3D models and detailed design drawings for buried district heating network installations in AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Coordinate to grid reference systems, including ordnance survey maps and utility information.
- Create and detail Bills of Material for buried network piping systems, chambers and valves.
- Conduct site visits and surveys to collect data for creating designs and for supporting installation.
- Site attendance for snagging activities and commissioning support
- Liaise with both internal and external clients, contractors and suppliers.
- Complete as-built drawings for record purposes and O&M manuals.
- Write sub-contractor scopes, specifications and major plant tender documentation.
- Compile and write O&M manual content for delivered designs.
- Communicate the status of projects and tasks through the departmental reporting structure
- Create piping and leak detection alarm schematics in 2D AutoCAD.
- BEng / BSc Mechanical Engineering Degree (or similar, minimum of a 2:1 standard).
- Approximately 3-5 years of experience in a relevant field or similar role.
- A basic knowledge of relevant standards and an ability to seek, understand and utilise industry knowledge to good effect.
- A thorough working knowledge of pre-insulated piping systems, buried piping system components and fabrication methods.
- Ability to Operate within and adhere to the company Health & Safety policy and procedures.
- An attention to detail and a high standard of verbal and written skills.
- A team player with an ability to self manage and develop projects from an outline brief and specification.
- A keen interest in combined heat and power (CHP) installations, district energy networks and energy saving technology.
- Demonstrated experience in engineering calculations, analysis and problem solving.
- An interest in fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, energy transfer and stress analysis.
- To upkeep and manage project drawing registers.
Desirable Skills, Education & Experience:
- MEng / MSc Mechanical Engineering Degree (or similar subject).
- Working towards CEng Chartered Engineer status.
- An ability to size and specify valves, instruments and piping components.
- Supplementary safety and industry specific training (such as CSCS card, IOSH, SMSTS and CIBSE courses).
- Supplementary courses and qualifications in AutoDesk or other industry leading CAD and modelling packages.
- A thorough working knowledge of relevant British Standards and industry specific publications.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Tim Hall
- +44 (0) 203 640 2130
Apply for Piping Design Engineer
Summary: Split location, 3-4 days Liverpool and 1-2 days London per week. 3...
December 7th, 2017
Summary: Our client, a leading International Energy Provider are looking to recruit a...
August 9th, 2017
Summary: Our client is the leading provider of district heating solutions in towns...
October 5th, 2017
The Organisation & Role: Our client is a leading, multinational energy solutions company...
December 11th, 2017