O&M Technician Energy Storage – Newcastle
The Energy Storage O&M Technician is a site-based role performing operational and maintenance duties on utility scale storage plants up to 35 MW in size. The overall purpose of the role is to ensure the plants achieve outstanding levels of safety and performance at minimum cost.
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified electrician with experience operating and maintaining MW-scale power plants. You will need to be located near the operational plants near Newcastle and have a full driving licence. This is a permanent role and will require availability for weekend on-call duties.
A company vehicle, phone and laptop/tablet will be provided. Strong candidates will have the opportunity to work towards Authorised Person (AP) or Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status.
The responsibilities of O&M Technician include:
- Adherence to health and safety requirements at all times and helping to maintain and improve safety standards across the plants
- Undertaking planned inspection and maintenance according to legal, technical, manufacturer and contractual requirements
- Undertaking testing, troubleshooting and fault-finding
- Carry out reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and resolution in a timely manner
- Troubleshooting and repairs on sensors and communication equipment
- Configuration of computer-based devices and components, including firmware updates
- Occasionally assisting with ground maintenance or mechanical work
- Carrying out inductions for sub-contractors and monitoring their work
- Keeping accurate maintenance records and compiling reports
- Keeping in close communication with the O&M office
- Travelling between the sites and offices in Tyneside and West Lothain
- Occasionally working away from home for training courses or to cover other sites for up to 1 week at a time
- Strong technical understanding of electrical and communications networks
- Good knowledge and understanding of power systems
- Knowledge of battery storage
- Principles of High Voltage operations
- Strong approach to safe working practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to respond to changing priorities and emergent issues
- Enthusiasm for personal development
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Computer skills for writing reports, reporting progress and communicating by email
- Previous power system maintenance experience, ideally on MW-scale or large commercial systems
- Experience of working remotely without close supervision
- Battery storage experience
- Experience installing or maintaining ethernet and fibre optic communications
- Experience working with SCADA or data monitoring systems
- Central inverter experience
- High Voltage experience
- Full UK driving licence
- Qualified electrician (17th edition)
- Inspection and testing qualifications (C&G 2391 or 2394/5)
- First aid qualifications
- Health & Safety qualifications (e.g. SSSTS, CSCS)
- Advanced electrical qualifications
- Central inverter qualifications
- High Voltage qualifications
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Will Mackay
Apply for O&M Technician Energy Storage – Newcastle
The Client: Our client is a young but well respected future energy company,...
August 15th, 2017
The Role: The Energy Storage O&M Technician is a site-based role performing operational and...
September 25th, 2017
The Client: One of the UK’s leading developers and service providers in the...
October 17th, 2017
The Client: Our client is a leading developer in the Energy Storage field....
June 30th, 2017