O&M Manager Energy Storage – Newcastle
Ensure O&M contractual and statutory compliance for a portfolio of Energy Storage contracts, in accordance with company safety, quality and environmental systems. Maximise the performance from storage assets, increase maintenance efficiency and achieve a high level of safety performance.
The ideal candidate will be a senior technician or electrical engineer with experience planning maintenance on MW scale sites. Strong candidates will have the opportunity to work towards Authorised Person (AP) or Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status.
This is a permanent role and will require availability for some weekend on-call duties. Although primarily office based, regular travel to operational sites will also be required. A company vehicle allowance, phone and laptop/tablet will be provided.
The business operates a portfolio of 80 MW storage assets in Tyneside and West Lothian. The Battery Storage O&M Manager will be responsible for the day to day operation of these plants.
The responsibilities of the O&M Manager include:
- Delivering the O&M service to meet the client contractual requirements
- Producing O&M plans in accordance with contract, manufacturer’s requirements and good industry practice
- Assist with bids for new O&M contracts • Assist with department recruitment
- Identifying maintenance requirements, scheduling resources, safely managing work control and reporting on completed work
- Writing and reviewing RAMS, permits and maintenance procedures
- Day-to-day management of O&M technicians, ensuring adherence to safety requirements at all times
- Managing the training requirements of the team
- Managing supplier relationships and equipment warranties
- Reacting to emergencies, site outages and changing circumstances
- Determining common causes of plant issues and identifying performance improvement opportunities
- Providing updates to asset manager and providing information for contractual reporting
- Playing a key part in adopting new sites into the maintenance systems
- Managing a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and other quality management tools as necessary
- Knowledge of industrial renewable energy or power systems, components and their maintenance requirements
- Electrical knowledge, including HV, DC and communication networks
- Knowledge of safety requirements for carrying out maintenance on electrical plant
- Knowledge of battery storage
- Principles of High Voltage operations
- Strong approach to safe working practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong people skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities whilst ensuring safety and quality are maintained
- Ability to identify problems, conduct analysis and develop solutions
- Able to accurately plan maintenance work including labour, materials and skills required to carry out an intervention
- Experience of working with operational MW-scale power systems
- Experience of maintenance planning in renewables or power industry
- Experience managing people
- Experience working with CMMS software
- Experience working with SCADA and plant monitoring software
- Experience managing work on high voltage systems
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience in engineering or other relevant qualification, or equivalent industry experience
- Safety qualifications such as IOSH managing safely or equivalent
- Electrical or HV qualifications
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Will Mackay
Apply for O&M Manager Energy Storage – Newcastle
Summary: Our client provide financing and project management on energy infrastructure upgrades...
April 25th, 2017
The Client: An established Energy Storage Company, with the feel of a starts...
May 24th, 2017
The Client: One of the UK’s leading developers and service providers in the...
October 17th, 2017
The Role: Ensure O&M contractual and statutory compliance for a portfolio of Energy Storage...
September 25th, 2017