O&M Electrician – Solar PV – Central UK
Our client has an enviable reputation as a highly professional provider of solar farm services particularly Operations and Maintenance. Working on solar farms across the UK they maintain around 10% of the UK’s ground mounted solar. Undergoing a period of dynamic expansion across the UK and as a part of this they are looking for a highly capable Electrician to work on solar farms in Central England.
As a Solar Farm Electrician you will be responsible for preventative and reactive maintenance of Solar Farms. Your responsibilities will include:
- DC testing and trouble shooting
- Module testing and replacement
- String combiner box maintenance
- String and central inverter maintenance
- AC LV maintenance and repair
- RS485 and ethernet trouble shooting and repair
- Computer based configuration and monitoring of sophisticated components (e.g firmware updates)
- Ground care
- Conducting site safety inductions
- Monitoring sub-contractors
- Communicating with our office based O&M team
While you will generally work in Central UK locations you may be required to work on other sites across the UK and could be away for up to a week at a time.
You will have the opportunity to work towards a Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status.
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised and orderly working practises
- Analytical nature
- Professional appearance and demeanour
- Safety first work approach
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Qualified electrician including Inspection & Test
- Fully conversant with BS7671
- Experience of large scale Solar PV
- Regular use of Microsoft Excel, word and outlook.
- Full British UK Driving Licence
- Experience with Ipads, mobiles and laptops to communicate with colleagues, take photographs, complete reports and email.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Ethernet and Fiber Optic communications
- Data Monitoring systems
- Central inverter skills/qualifications/experience
- High Voltage (HV) switching (AP or SAP)
The ideal candidate will already be working in the field of solar farm construction or maintenance but we will consider applicants who have similar experience in another sector. We operate a policy of continuous learning and staff are rewarded with opportunities for personal development. The client has a friendly team with great internal dynamics and great customers, the successful applicant will be rewarded with an enjoyable and satisfying career.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Harry Davies
Apply for O&M Electrician – Solar PV – Central UK
Company Description Software vendor specialised in energy information systems, develops and markets, a...
October 10th, 2017
The Company TGRC are exclusively working with an EPC contractor specializing in the...
June 6th, 2017
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Embedded Generation Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job...
July 18th, 2017
About Our Client: Our client is a global leader in the solar space...
May 9th, 2017