National Business Development Director
Our client’s core business function is international energy services. The division this role sits within is solely responsible for providing energy and support services to their clients nationally. They provide services for a range of customers including industrial, commercial, retail, transport, heritage and manufacturing.
The National Business Development Director will be accountable for owning the business development lifecycle to win large, complex and profitable new contracts with national clients, and the role may also involve supporting new business in other sectors. The focus of the role is primarily on the development of energy with services deals in the market, increasing awareness of our client’s brand and creating commercial value from new and existing contracts.
The role will help lead the growth of the division taking accountability for sales strategy for National contracts and pipeline development. The Business Development Director will be responsible for building and leading customer relationships, influencing customers, developing the win strategy, pulling together and motivating bid teams, engaging with consultants, suppliers and partners – ultimately taking accountability for the overall service, financial and commercial solution presented to customers.
The Business Development Director will be a line manager of a team of Business Development Managers with specific market sector disciplines in order to support these accountabilities. The role will involve influencing stakeholder at all levels to ensure operational solutions and innovations are agreed and achievable.
- Lead and develop a team of Business Development Managers to deliver sales targets
- Delivery of allocated sales targets
- Continuously develop the development plan for the National markets
- Proactively build client relationships to maintain a strong pipeline and win rate
- Successfully lead large complex (multi-service) bids to clients
- Ensure compliance with governance processes
- Ensure CRM system is up to date and make improvements to processes
- Own, develop and manage pipeline of sales opportunities that will meet personal and team sales targets for the next 2 to 3 years on a rolling basis.
- Support the marketing strategy for the sector to raise profile of our client
- Actively maintain a strong knowledge on our client, industry, client, sector and competitor trends
- Actively manage the routes to market and Identify and attend networking events
- Engage and nurture executive relationships across the industry which will generate new business opportunities and raise the profile of the company in the sectors
- Keep all stakeholders informed as opportunities progress through the cycle
Solution & submission Leadership
- Lead the team for each of their bid submission processes to ensure deadlines are met with high quality outputs.
- Ensure client insights/needs are included within our solutions
- Identify areas where our client’s solutions are poor and propose innovation or improvements
- Comply with all pre-bid governance processes to ensure authority to proceed
- Ensure all stakeholders are briefed on submissions as they progress
- Assemble and manage bid teams including SMEs, estimators, bid support, supply chain, commercial and operations as appropriate
- Work closely with commercial finance team to challenge existing and new costs to produce compelling outcomes
- Lead opportunities through to financial and commercial closure with the client
- Lead the smooth hand over to mobilisation and operational teams
- Lead internal governance
- Operational understanding of at least one core business area
- Knowledge of mobilisations and key processes which govern financial, commercial, safety and performance of business
- Identify ways to improve current operations to improve profitability and customer retention
- Energetic, strong, confident and disciplined
- Results orientated individual who relishes challenges and being around people
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills with proven ability to quickly build relationships with new clients.
- Articulate, innovative and challenging mindset with strong collaborative style
- Track record of winning energy deals in the market sectors
- Proven ability to develop and maintain deep pipeline of sales opportunities
- Strong organisational and project management skills with the ability to lead bid solution teams and work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Confidence to talk with and influence people at all levels
- Self motivated; able to work without constant direction and guidance
- Ideally hold a relevant degree in business/finance/economics/engineering or similar relevant subject or equivalent
- Sound understanding of Strategic, Financial, Risk Analysis & Business Assurance systems
- 10+ years experience in the FM, Energy or B2B Service industry
- Experience in managing and mobilising operational contracts
- Experience of developing and executing sector strategies and marketing plans
- Track record of successfully implementing innovation in products or services
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Tim Hall
- +44 (0) 203 640 2130
Apply for National Business Development Director
The Client: The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a leading energy consultancy...
October 3rd, 2017
Summary: Our client, a leading international Energy Solutions company are looking to...
January 16th, 2018
Summary: Our client are a leading design build company specialising specifically in heat...
April 25th, 2017
Job Title: Energy Broker Industry Sector: Energy Business Development Executive Job Type: Permanent Salary: Up...
May 18th, 2017