Multi Utility Design Manager – Glasgow
An opportunity to work with one of Scotland’s leading utility organisations. This company specialises in providing multi utility solutions to various clients across the domestic, industrial and commercial sectors. They currently hold Design and Construction accreditation for GIRS, WIRS and NERS.
This is a great opportunity to lead a well organised design team. The successful candidate will manage and monitor the design and price aspects of design contracts.
The Responsibilities include:
- The revising and delivering of proposed Gas, Water & Electric design proposals – including authorising the technical and costing aspects of the work
- Delegating workloads within the team
- Managing the CAD department to ensure compliance with industry standards
- Undertaking design duties for simple and complex water mains designs (complex designs will be checked by Technical Advisor)
- Ensure compliance with NERS, GIRS, and WIRS regulations
- Design approval for electric and water direct with the asset owner
- Design approval for gas with the incumbent
- Assisting where required on special utility projects out with the normal MU work streams
- Designing based upon the appropriate network tools such as Gas Works/ Windeb
- Ensuring the most cost effective multi utility solution is designed consistent with gas, electric and water standards
- Maintaining records of the progress of each design in respect to progress, communication, notices, change control etc
- Maintaining all design records including calculations and assumptions made in order that they be amended where required if changes to layouts, house types etc are encountered
- When necessary make technical and cost checks on others designs
- Carrying out the Construction Hand-over meetings with approved drawings allowing operations enough information to execute the work safely
- Costing estimates in line with the current commercial procedures
- Carrying out relevant tasks for the NERS/WIRS/GIRS audits
- Carrying out quality audits on water main laying teams to ensure quality of work
- Ensuring vans are properly kitted out and materials stored in a safe manner
- Must have experience working with Utilities in the New Housing arena.
- Must have office experience
- Will have strong knowledge of gas and electrical design networks
- Will be familiar with H&S standards
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44 (0) 203 640 2130
The Green Recruitment Company is a specialist recruitment agency that recruits across the environmental and waste management sectors. If this role is not of interest but you are looking for a new opportunity, please contact the named consultant who would be happy to discuss current vacancies in your target area.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Jacob Gilles
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Multi Utility Design Manager – Glasgow
Our client is a leading multi-disciplinary energy services provider, in need of an...
January 4th, 2017
Summary: A great opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer to join a fast...
May 31st, 2017
Job Title: Commercial Data Manager Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job Type: Permanent Salary: Up...
June 9th, 2017
The Company: A trusted provider of utility management solutions for businesses who are committed...
April 27th, 2017