Major Projects On Site Supervisor
Job Title: Major Projects Onsite Supervisor
Industry Sector: Utilities
Job Type: Permanent
Regional Coverage: South East / London Area
Consultant: Jacob Gilles
A market leading Independent Connection Provider with a great reputation for developing specialists in electrical connections would like to hear from individuals with an engineering background that have experience in electrical distribution. As a result of continuous growth in this sector the company can offer great development opportunities.
The On Site supervisor will be responsible for the following:
- The supervision of assigned resources to effectively deliver specific tasks that contributes to the safe delivery of a project, to time cost and quality.
- Undertake assigned work instructions to compliment and complete tasks.
- To ensure compliance to safe working practices and procedures of both themselves and others throughout the construction phase, ensuring all work is completed to high quality of standards.
- Coordinate Site Specific Risk Assessments and preparation of Method Statements where necessary for work to be carried out, ensuring compliance at all times with the company’s duties under CDM regulations, Distribution Safety Rules and Design Approvals.
- Identify and seek approval from the Project Managers for any additional work from contract scope.
- Carry out the supervision and delivery of tasks within project budget estimates including time and cost.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in compliance with the defined quality standards and undertake corrective actions where necessary
- Reporting into a Construction Engineer, Senior Construction Engineer or Regional Manager and ensuring effective co-ordination with Regional Management Team in the execution of the work.
- Key contact for site security, fire, health, safety and welfare.
Health and Safety:
- Coordination and ensuring Inductions, Daily Risk Assessments, Competency Checks, Work Instructions, and records are kept and maintained.
- Maintain awareness of HSEQ Policy, Procedures, Process and Distribution Safety Rules and keep up to date on changes that impact your role.
- Promotion of zero harm culture on site through pro- active management of health and safety issues.
- Ensure compliance with company duties under CDM regulations and customer safety rules.
- Ensure adherence to Safety Rules, instructions and standing orders of POC and customers.
- Ensure that all staff are able to identify and avoid hazards.
- Undertake site inspections and safety audits
- Undertakes routine fire alarm testing and emergency evacuation procedures.
Planning and Organisation:
- Take overview of work to be completed and plan relevant activities to time, in accordance with job instructions.
- Plan ahead to ensure that appropriate materials, equipment etc are available to complete the job.
- Ensure that the assigned resources are adequate and competent to complete tasks.
- Ensure clear job instructions and required records are issued in a timely fashion
- Complete written risk assessments, site measurement and work record sheets.
- To co-ordinate safe systems of works between different parties on site.
Teamwork and Customer Service:
- Work as part of a team lead by a CE, SCE and or Regional Manager to ensure the safe, effective and efficient implementation of POC operations on site.
- Contribute to your teams, sharing knowledge and experience.
- Liaise with colleagues across business to ensure effective completion of tasks.
- Liaise with the work team to ensure smooth implementation of work, always handling people with respect and patience.
- Development and maintenance of good working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Represent the business in a professional and respectful manner, being courteous, considerate and polite at all times,
The Individual Requirements:
- Full UK Driving Licence
- NRSWA Supervisor preferable
- GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent.
- CDM competency.
- Relevant experience in either a civil or electrical environment
- Supervising team and leading teams
- Working for a construction company or have experience of construction of distribution substations.
- Good Communication
- Experience of Working on Construction Sites
- Good Risk Assessment knowledge and application.
- Practical IT Literate- knowledge of Microsoft products essential
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44 (0) 203 640 2130
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Jacob Gilles
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Major Projects On Site Supervisor
The Green Recruitment Company have been engaged by an energy retrofit consultancy, to...
December 14th, 2016
Job Title: Construction Engineer Industry Sector: ...
February 2nd, 2017
Our Client The Green Recruitment Company are pleased to be working with HV...
December 13th, 2016
Our client is a leading smart grid energy company. They are currently seeking...
December 2nd, 2016