Lead Asset Integrity Engineer – Offshore Wind
Our client is a consortium of three global leaders within renewable energy. With 175 turbines and a capacity of 630 megawatts (MW) it is the world’s largest offshore wind farm, occupying an area of 100km2 in the outer Thames Estuary between the Kent and Essex coasts.
The Lead Engineer will lead a team of approximately six engineers responsible for maximising production and maintaining the integrity of the assets, while reducing the costs of offshore maintenance. The daily focus will be on analysing asset health, understanding risk and implementing maintenance and repair strategies and solutions. The Lead Engineer will manage and develop a small team responsible for performing all analysis and reporting, managing, and populating the CMMS, reducing operational risk, and operating the AIM framework allowing reporting on all aspects of operational performance. The Lead Engineer will lead all reporting, all risk and asset management framework implementation, all data handling and maintenance systems (CMMS) integration, and facilitate the delivery of the asset integrity strategy.
- Lead a team of 6 engineers
- Supervise, Mentor and develop team members
- Lead the implementation of the asset management strategy plan
- Lead the integration of the Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Support the integration of information sources into the BI systems
- Drive the continued development of in-house analytical and statistical reporting capability, evolving tools to mine data and identify trends and develop and validate theory for improving reliability and reducing downtime
- Work closely with senior technical staff of WTG OEM and other technical authorities including technical departments of company and consortium membersDrive the development of data-based preventative maintenance strategies
- Use analytical and statistical tools to identify trends, and using detailed analysis recommend changes to the risk profile of various asset classes
- Evaluation, selection and implementation of monitoring strategies where value-add is proven
- Review and sign off the technical reports from all team members
- Organise and prepare quarterly Asset Integrity Reports and annual pre-budget ‘Plant Status Review’
- Establish good relations with all ‘technical authorities’ and extract maximum value
- Support the development of business/NPV cases for remediation activities
- Honours Degree in Engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Control or Manufacturing/Production) from a recognised and IMechE/IEE/IET accredited course/university
- Chartered Engineer
- Substantial experience as an Asset Integrity Engineer, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility.
- At least five years at senior level, principally identifying issues, developing and implementing solutions for systemic design or life-cycle degradation issues.
- Ability to implement and integrate Asset Integrity Management strategy is essential
- An ability to demonstrate significant advanced 1st principle technical understanding of and experience of delivering solutions within four or more of a wind turbines major component technologies (aerofoils, bearings, distribution transformers, mechanical transmissions, generators, rotating equipment, power conversion systems, control systems, high voltage switchgear and offshore foundations) will be a significant advantage
- Advanced understanding of data handling systems, and demonstrable ability to use advanced data mining techniques is a key required skill.
- Experience in machine control and condition monitoring within the Wind Industry is advantageous.
- Experience of high voltage infrastructure, structural integrity and corrosion management is a significant an advantage
- The ability to lead, inspire, motivate and mentor a young and ambitious team of engineers
- Exceptional systemic technical and analytical ability and experience, capable of adapting to and using advanced data handling tools.
- Solution-focused, able to rapidly analyse large volumes of data and produce detailed technical reports
- A 1st principles approach to technical challenge
- Comfortable working alongside coding and systems experts simultaneously developing the systems to be used to collect, integrate and organise data.
- Data-oriented, comfortable extracting information from a variety of sources and driving the development automated performance reporting tools
- Practical experience – not afraid to be ‘hands on’ via offshore visits
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Geraint Powell
- +44 203 640 2130
Apply for Lead Asset Integrity Engineer – Offshore Wind
The Solar PV Yield Expert will focus on supporting clients in the development of new...
October 24th, 2017
The Company: Our client is an international presence and offer the candidate a...
July 12th, 2017
The Company The Green Recruitment Company is working with one of the fastest...
April 27th, 2017
Summary: The Green Recruitment Company are working with a leading, international energy and...
April 25th, 2017