Key Account Sales Manager – Commercial
The Green Recruitment Company are working with a global supplier in their search for a Key Account Sales Manager. The client works in the green energy, retail and commercial energy solutions space with multiple brands.
The entity has a very good image in the market with integrity and innovation playing key parts in their expansion. They have ambitious plans to grow throughout the rest of Europe, with the major hub remaining in Milton Keynes.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Sales, this Key Account Manager will be responsible for growing their business opportunities within the commercial business. The role will involve developing existing broker and direct customer accounts that require energy products and services as well as building relationships with key decision makers. The role will also require superior client care and regular contact with both current and prospective clients. Travel to meet customers face to face may be required, but the role is likely to involve communications with the customer by telephone and email and being proactive rather than reactive to ensure there is a degree of outbound sales activity. The role will be primarily based in Milton Keynes and will cover both gas and electricity.
Responsibilities will include:
• Effectively manage all existing brokers/direct customer accounts and actively maintain customer contact at regular intervals to meet and exceed sales targets.
• Develop & maintain a portfolio of supplies with existing brokers and direct customers – create relationships with, follow up sales enquiries, supporting generating offers to generate sales.
• Develop & grow the relationships within the Broker and Direct Channel & ultimately the value/volume contracted.
• Build relationships within the TPI/Broker channel that will increase our understanding of our market position and competitors. Understand, monitor and respond to changes and developments in the UK energy industry.
• Liaise with brokers to obtain and validate feedback to support price negotiation and to close deals.
• Manage the resolution of broker queries working in collaboration with internal teams. It will be important to demonstrate the ability to build strong internal relationships.
• At least 50% of sales time focused on direct sales.
• Introduce products & services to key personnel in existing brokers, customers, third party intermediaries, and sales marketing channels as applicable.
• Plan, organize and implement business wins from pre-qualification/ Invitation to Tender and play a leading role in ensuring contracts are set up effectively.
• Collate all relevant customer information – contact details; records of meetings and discussions; press releases; industry publications; prospects; and competitor activity and performance.
• Understand the energy market and develop new opportunities where appropriate.
• Build, develop and maintain relationships with existing clients, as well as generate lead prospects and follow them up through to contracted sale.
• Achieve annual team budget, sales targets and individual KPI’s.
• Attend relevant conferences, exhibitions and corporate events.
• Produce regular reporting on sales activities, efforts, achievements, challenges and planned target companies.
• Ensure that all customers/brokers continue to be satisfied with a high standard of customer service.
• Communicate with and support fellow internal Sales colleagues to offer the desired level of customer service required.
• Utilise IT tools to help develop customer knowledge.
• Promote new company products whenever possible, and make recommendations on new product offers as requested and validated from the customer.
• Prepare special reports or undertake special projects as directed by management or the line manager.
Job Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
• Ability to build successful relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues.
• Well-organized with excellent time management.
• Ability to integrate with a small team and work on own initiative.
• Customer service or sales experience.
• Strong listening and problem-solving skills.
• Assertive and persuasive telephone manner.
• IT literate with advanced Microsoft Office Skills.
Qualifications, Experience and Education
The following are the minimum qualifications for the position of Key Account Manager. However, they are to be used as guidelines only as each individual shall be judged on their individual qualifications and experience.
• Will have a strong sales background within previous experience in the Utilities/Energy sector.
• Ideally have a demonstrable track record of success with B2B sales.
• A degree level education or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of the gas and power industry arena.
• Capable of demonstrating previously achieving successful account management performance
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Andrew Green
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Key Account Sales Manager – Commercial
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Embedded Generation Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job...
July 18th, 2017
Summary: Our client is the leading provider of district heating solutions in towns...
October 5th, 2017
The Client: TGRC are working with one of the Big 6 in their...
August 24th, 2017
The Client: The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside one of the largest...
October 11th, 2017