Investment Manager – Renewable Energy (Sydney)
The Green Recruitment Company represents a leading independent infrastructure and private equity investment manager with over several £billion in assets under management.
The business make investments across a wide range of energy infrastructure assets, including solar, wind, biomass combustion, waste-to-energy combustion, waste and biomass gasification, anaerobic digestion, composting, materials recovery, recycling, energy storage and reserve power.
They are a market leading manager of solar and energy from waste / bioenergy assets, with a portfolio of assets across the globe. They are looking to enhance their team Investment Manager to support the growing funds and assets under management in Australia.
Primary Purpose: Supporting the companies’ Australian growth objectives by working with the Australian and London investment teams to identify and execute new investment opportunities and support fundraising initiatives.
- Identifying suitable investment opportunities through existing relationships and identifying new relationships in the market.
- Active involvement in analysing and screening opportunities.
- Leading on negotiating, structuring and due diligence of new asset acquisitions. This will include the preparation of investment papers.
- Raising debt for projects and leading on refinancing processes.
- Remaining involved in managing projects through construction and effectively onboarding projects to the portfolio team once projects are operational. Provide ongoing support to the portfolio team as required.
- Supporting senior management in fundraising initiatives.
- Liaising with the portfolio and technical teams to ensure good performance of the investments and reviewing portfolio optimisation initiatives.
- Actively contributing to the overall performance of the Australia Team.
- Experience in renewable energy or energy infrastructure buy-side investments.
- Ideally demonstrating a local knowledge of developers and contractors in the market to support the origination process.
- Transaction structuring from an equity and debt perspective, including experience of construction funding.
- Commercial awareness and proven ability to negotiate contracts and agreements with third parties (i.e. vendors, EPC/O&M contractors, PPA counterparties).
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Effectively able to manage advisers during due diligence and contract negotiations.
- Strong financial modelling skills. Candidates will be required to take a modelling test.
- A minimum 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Strong academics and professional qualifications.
- Ability to work as part of a team and also lead / work individually on transactions.
- Experience of managing internal approval processes and preparing investment papers.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Rory Chandler
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Investment Manager – Renewable Energy (Sydney)
The Company: Our client is a specialist consultancy that provide a wide variety...
July 11th, 2017
THE CLIENT: Green Recruitment Company represents a market leading Fund Manager, headquartered in...
July 12th, 2017
THE CLIENT: The Green Recruitment Company represents an independent Investment Fund Manager with...
July 31st, 2017
THE COMPANY: The Green Recruitment Company represents a specialist advisory focused on the...
November 30th, 2017