Investment Associate – London
The Green Recruitment Company represents a developer and operator of privately financed public sector infrastructure projects with a particular focus on renewable energy. They act as a primary investor who source, bid for and manage greenfield infrastructure projects.
The role of the Investment Associate is to support the successful growth and acquisitions of assets for the business. This includes supporting the Investment Director and other senior members of the team in the development of relationships and developing access to markets and vendors to ensure continued successful acquisition of sound and viable long-term infrastructure assets.
In addition, this role includes:
- Performing research into and analysis of key markets and metrics for the Fund to support annual results, prospectuses for fund raising and general Board and market reporting
- Providing support to the quarterly valuation of the business and the associated reporting process
Business Development – Execution:
- Support bidding activity and completion of acquisition of assets
- Act as key day to day point of contact and engagement on acquisition assignments
- Prepare/Amend/Evaluate (as appropriate) and critically assess financial models and assumptions supporting acquisition valuations.
- Provide analysis and assessment of the relative value of issues and opportunities on individual asset acquisitions
- Support, and where appropriate, lead due diligence work streams, establishing advisers’ scopes and working with advisers to resolve issues as they arise
- Create and manage development budgets and bid budgets and ensure budgetary discipline is prudently me
- Prepare investment papers for presentation to the Board Investment Committees
Business Development – Strategy & Origination:
- Proactively track asset ownerships and developments to deliver new assets and acquisition solutions globally
- Support the Investment Director and other senior members of the team in developing and maintaining relationships with asset owners, asset vendors and operators in the environmental infrastructure market
- Provide market information and intelligence on pricing regarding potential opportunities
- Contribute to the reporting on bidding and market information
Support the Investment Director and working with the Senior Valuation analyst in the portfolio valuation of the investments including;
- Selection and setting of short term and long term power price assumptions
- Selection and forecasting of macro-economic assumptions (inflation, deposit rates)
- Understand key valuation movements including changes in short term financial forecast eg variance arising from actual wind and
solar resource being different from modelled assumption; provide analysis of how key operational and contractual issues affect the
underlying value of the assets
- Support half year and full year valuation process with auditors and independent valuation adviser.
- Prepare reports of valuation changes and results for inclusion in reports to the Board
- Keep up to date with competitors and the market generally in respect of valuation trends and issues
- Perform analysis on the financial and operational performance of projects and the portfolio to support reporting in Accounts, Prospectus and market updates
- Contribute to the reporting on project updates and key operational matters to the board
- Support development/review of operational models if required
- Comply with all health and safety, quality and environment legislation and standards
- Carry out additional ad hoc duties as required
- Awareness of cash flow based valuation concept is essential
- Experience in the interrogation of financial models essential
- Ability to deal with and analyse large amounts of data efficiently and accurately and to tight timescales.
- Knowledge of financial accounting and UK corporation tax concepts useful, not essential
- Exposure to project finance, private equity, investment management or similar experience would be an advantage
- Experience in infrastructure asset bidding would be an advantage
- Ability to manage disparate teams providing due diligence services
- Wider Geographic, asset M&A or general infrastructure experience would be a benefit
- Language skills required – one or more of French, German and Spanish
- Financial modelling skills of project financed assets (experience with modelling PFI and/or renewables assets an advantage)
- Able to demonstrate initiative and judgement in carrying out day to dayrole
- Graduate; a numerate degree, e.g. finance, accountancy, business, science or engineering discipline.
- It is expected that within 6-12 months of joining the team, the successful candidate will undertake some form of professional training and
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Rory Chandler
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Investment Associate – London
The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company represents a leading UK Investor, Developer and...
March 29th, 2017
We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager, with expert sales skills and...
February 9th, 2017
THE COMPANY: The Green Recruitment Company represents a fund manager who have significant...
July 11th, 2017
THE CLIENT: The Green Recruitment Company represents an increasingly well-known and respected corporate...
May 23rd, 2017