HV Manager – Onshore Wind
Our client was established in 2005, and now has over 900 turbines across the United Kingdom and is part of one of the leading wind turbine manufacturers globally.
As the HV Manager you will ensure the HV department is working efficiently, safely and in compliance with the UK legislation at all times. Have a positive, pro-active approach to working in a team environment along with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills. The role is based in Cambridgeshire with an expectation that 50% of your time will be spent travelling to other locations.
You will work closely with the Heads of Department and although the daily work instructions are not given, it is expected that you will work effectively and professionally whilst supervising, mentoring, developing & providing training as and when needed for the team.
- Implement and carry out reporting for upper management.
- Write, update and approve safety documentation.
- Ensure all HV maintenance and inspections are planned & carried out on time.
- Ensure all HV snags are complete in a timely manner.
- Plan and lead HV training in line with the parent companies requirements.
- Liaise with any relevant third party contacts including supporting with high profile customer issues.
- Support the Customers Relations Manager in writing Technical reports for customers as well as attending meetings as and when required.
- Work closely with the planning department to ensure we have enough in house AP’s and SAP’s to fulfil our switching requirements.
- Be prepared to carry out the tasks of Grid officer, during busy periods or during absence.
- Carryout all general managerial duties – appraisals, time keeping, performance measures etc
- You will be traveling throughout the UK and Europe as and when required.
- Must be physically fit and comfortable with heights as field work will be involved occasionally
- Three years minimum experience as a Manger or supervisor.
- 5th Level qualification in Electronic / Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years working in an Engineering, Manufacturing or Maintenance environment, ideally with experience in HV works switching
- IEE Wiring regulations 17th edition.
- HND Electrical engineering
- C&G 6037 or equivalent
- Good Knowledge of DNO working practises.
- Experience in writing and approving safe working procedures.
- An understanding and ability to interpret technical schematics
- Experience of working with wind turbines and SCADA systems would be beneficial
- Full driving license
- Proficiency in all MS Office packages
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Geraint Powell
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for HV Manager – Onshore Wind
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Green Recruitment Company are representing a leading company performing project development...
April 4th, 2017
The Company: TGRC are partnered with a developer and solutions provider of solar...
August 10th, 2017
The Company: Our client is a global solar PV presence, and has been...
July 17th, 2017
The Company The Green Recruitment Company is working with one of the fastest...
April 27th, 2017