HSE Advisor – Offshore Wind
Our client is a consortium of three global leaders within renewable energy. With 175 turbines and a capacity of 630 megawatts (MW) it is the world’s largest offshore wind farm, occupying an area of 100km2 in the outer Thames Estuary between the Kent and Essex coasts.
- Support the HSSE Manager in the development/review of all key HSSE documents including HSE Management System Plan, Emergency Response/Co-operation Plan and related documents.
- Support the management of HSSE plan compliance and improvement plan delivery by key site contractors. Ensure high standards of HSE performance are maintained across the Wind Farm with focus on the client’s directly executed work offshore, at the substation, at the O&M facility and as agreed with the HSSE Manager.
- Carry out HSSE compliance and audits/inspections of offshore activities executed by company and Contractor personnel and tracking follow-up with responsible parties as necessary.
- Support practical HSSE related activity, giving advice/guidance and hands-on HSSE support to the internal team as necessary.
- Carry out incident/near-miss investigations of activities directly executed by the company.
- Oversee and review documents for all activities and operations organised or directly executed by the company, including the review of specific RAMS documentation where the company is responsible for direct execution site compliance checks, etc.
- Provide strong HSSE support for direct execution of O&M activity. Assist the HSSE Manager and OFTO team in the development of CMMS embedded HSSE MS tools embedded such as for RAMS documentation, risk assessments for directly executed maintenance/inspections, the recording and reporting of all HAZOBS, incident investigation, etc.
- Assist in the co-ordination of the on-offshore induction process with the OMSP.
- Work location will include offshore substations, Cleve Hill and Ramsgate with the frequency of visits varied depending on work schedule.
- Securely maintain a store and register of all company PPE, and ensure all directly managed sites HSE equipment such as defibrillators, first aid boxes, and key PPE are inspected and maintained, and contents replenished as necessary.
- Maintain H&S presence both on and offshore, i.e. make regular site visits, at least once per week.
- Ensure office noticeboards are kept up to date with current and relevant O&M HSSE information as agreed with the HSSE Manager.
- Review and monitor planning/testing of evacuation procedures, review fire marshal arrangements, fire risk assessment documentation.
- Review all COSHH assessments and compliance.
- Review compliance of DSE Assessments for company employees.
- Review safe systems of work for Cleve Hill substation, the offshore substations, wind turbines, and any other directly responsible facilities.
- Provide input to reviews of security arrangements and out of hours on-call arrangements for both the Ramsgate and Cleve Hill sites.
- Attend weekly morning briefing with the OEM Operations team on site.
- Be willing to travel offshore on a weekly frequency as requested by the HSSE Manager.
- Provide Operator HSE interface with the OEM Operations/HSE Team and the offshore technicians.
- Strong knowledge of the UK offshore wind HSE regulatory environment i.e. HSE, MCA, etc.
- Diploma in Safety Management i.e. NEBOSH or equivalent certification.
- Prior technical qualifications e.g. C&G, NVQ, OND/HNC are an advantage.
- Training qualifications in risk assessment, auditing and incident investigation.
- Membership with a professional body such as IOSH and can demonstrate CPD.
- 5 years minimum O&M and construction HSE experience, preferably in offshore wind sector.
- Professional experience as an HSSE Adviser with detailed understanding of the relevant HSSE regulations.
- Thorough understanding of offshore HSSE.
- Incident investigation experience.
- Exceptional communication and able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify and manage risk.
- Organised and methodical approach.
- Ability to rapidly produce thorough, concise and factual reports.
- Knowledge of risk assessment methods and project management.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Geraint Powell
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for HSE Advisor – Offshore Wind
The Organisation: My client is an accredited certification body for wind turbines and...
September 14th, 2017
The Organisation: Our client is a leading strategic consultancy covering renewable energy, energy...
September 1st, 2017
The Company: Our client is an international presence and offer the candidate a...
July 12th, 2017
The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company represents a market leading company who develop,...
July 28th, 2017