In-house Electrical Technician – Onshore Wind
Renewable Energy Generation
My client is one of the market leaders in the wind energy industry. Represented in 36 countries, they provide the production, construction and maintenance of wind turbines.
They are currently looking for an In-House Electrical Technician to join their operations team. The role will be office based, dealing with incoming phone calls from technicians, suppliers, customers and rectification of electrical problems that may arise.
For this role you will be remotely monitoring the wind turbines within a selected region and will provide technical support for the Electrical Technicians in the field, working on wind turbines. You will coordinate the material order flow and liaise with warehouse personnel to ensure an adequate and constant supply of stock and parts.
This position will be predominantly office based and dealing with incoming phone calls from technicians, suppliers and customers and rectification of any technical electrical and mechanical problems that may arise. Knowledge of computers, electronics and health and safety will be needed. Some travel will be involved so flexibility is essential and you would be required to work on occasional weekends.
- Be the first point of contact for all Electrical queries within the UK
- Liaise with 2nd Level support in Germany for technical solutions
- Check and process technical notifications raised by Service Technicians
- Support H&S with new documentation and the checking of the RAMS (Risk Assessment Method Statement) system
- Liaise effectively with the service dispatch coordinators to ensure that all maintenance work is completed and technicians have the necessary means to correct and maintain all aspects of the Turbines
- Ensure that reports from the turbines are accurate to the maintenance schedules and update and maintain the Carry out reports when necessary
- Look for persistent faults / issues with the turbines trying to identify trends and then report these back to your supervisor and assist in the long term rectification of these faults
- When and where necessary, travel to turbines sites throughout the UK.
- NVQ Level 3 Electrical qualifications; ideally you will be a time served apprentice
- Must be computer literate
- Ideally must be able to read electrical diagrams
- Highly health and Safety conscious.
- A full (clean) driving license is essential
- Excellent health and fitness levels are essential for this role.
- Must be good with heights
- A team player, flexible and resourceful individual is required for our teams.
- HNC/HND Electrical Engineering (or similar)
- Experience of SCADA systems
- Experience of SAP systems
- Previous experience in engineering support role
- Previous experience of wind turbines or other forms of power generation
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Geraint Powell
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for In-house Electrical Technician – Onshore Wind
The Company: Our client is a global solar PV presence, and has been...
July 17th, 2017
Contexte Notre client est un promoteur international, un investisseur actif et un gestionnaire...
May 26th, 2017
Our client are one the fastest growing Solar PV Inverter manufacturers with a...
December 4th, 2017
The Organisation: Our client is an independent international engineering and project management consultancy....
June 6th, 2017