Head of Public & Regulatory Policy
Our client, a UK water provider are seeking a Head of Public and Regulatory Policy in a critical Senior Management position.
You will be responsible for leading analysis and building evidence-led positions that ensure that our client is plugged into and are able to pro-actively influence the following:
- Public policy debates and legislative change affecting the water sector
- Reform of the regulatory framework
- Broader regulatory / competition / public policy debates which could impact our client’s ability to deliver its strategic priorities and shareholder value.
You will work closely with our client’s strategy steering group to produce the following for the business / board:
- A defined set of priorities for engagement with key strategic stakeholders
- A regularly updated set of core briefing materials
- The development and execution of a coordinated programme of engagement with strategic stakeholders, linked to smart objectives.
You will be responsible for the coordination of our client’s engagement with MP’s and The House of Commons, key Whitehall departments (Defra, BIS, HMT and Cabinet Office) Ofwat and The Consumer Council for Water (CCW). You will work collaboratively with colleagues in the Infrastructure and Operations divisons to deliver effective and consistent management of relationships with the environmental agencies
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent influencing and persuasive skills and the ability to engage and influence at board level and Senior Managers in delivery Directorates
- Excellent knowledge the workings of Government (Whitehall and Parliament)
- Ideally excellent knowledge of the UK framework for the regulation of the water sector (and ideally wider utilities sectors)
- Strong project management expertise with experience of managing complex projects with multiple facets
- Ability to independently drive forward a project plan whilst achieving buy-in from senior managers across the business
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A high level of resilience and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- High level of integrity and ability to deal with commercially sensitive information
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Tim Hall
- +44 (0) 203 640 2130