Graduate Energy Analyst
We are working with one of the highly reputable energy consultancies in the UK on their expansion of the analytical team. The business purchases on almost half a billion £ of gas and electricity per annum. Working in a vibrant and constantly evolving industry, the successful candidate will be primarily tasked with analysing energy market data and information.
This is a fast-paced and rewarding career opportunity that will suit someone who has a great analytical skillset and enjoys communicating with people at all levels.
The role will develop the energy procurement strategy through provision, analysis and interpretation of fundamental economic and supply info. You must be able to present this effectively in both, written and presentational format settings.
- Analyse market data/information and write concise reports showing the main issues and potential outcomes that could impact trading and risk strategy.
- Writing of briefing documents / reports and presentations on fundamental demand and supply factors impacting UK and European energy commodity prices.
- Create and present market updates for, weekly internal market meetings, regular customer meetings, quarterly governance panel, bi-annual customer forums and newsletters.
- Respond to customer requests/enquiries for market data analysis and reporting.
- Develop and maintain trading benchmark methodologies to measure performance of trading risk and hedging strategies.
- Support the procurement team in carrying out power and gas trading and maintain an accurate record of trades and confirmations.
- Reconcile the company and supplier views of the customer portfolio of sites, including procurement options, management options, volumes and prices.
- Provide support to Business Development and when required attend customer meetings to present market and procurement information.
- Create and stimulate an interest in the impact of energy fundamentals on delivered energy prices for the wider team.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent (in a related subject such as Economics, Maths or Business Studies etc.).
- Experience/interests in supply/demand fundamental information for: LNG, Natural Gas, Crude Oil, Shipping, FX, Power, Coal, Renewables and Carbon.
- Proficiency in financial and/or statistical modelling.
- Clear, concise and confident communication skills, both orally and written
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel & VBA, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- The ability to undertake tasks to a high level of accuracy.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent numerical aptitude.
- Logical and methodical thinking.
- Excellent teamwork abilities.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Tom Brookes
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Graduate Energy Analyst
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Embedded Generation Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job...
July 18th, 2017
Job Title: Commercial Data Manager Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job Type: Permanent Salary: Up...
June 9th, 2017
Job Title: Senior Data Manager Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job Type: Permanent Salary:...
June 13th, 2017
The Client: TGRC are working with a client that are looking to redefine...
August 23rd, 2017