Finance Manager – Renewable Energy
The Green Recruitment Company represents a company who work with investors and asset managers to provide management expertise for existing renewable portfolios. They require Finance Manager’s to manage assets across Europe spanning across wind, solar and CHP. Portfolio of projects are Europe based from Ireland to Sweden, France and Germany. Limited travel required.
- In conjunction with the SPV Project Director, review all contractual and funding agreements and ensure that all obligations are recorded on each SPV’s Corporate Calendar and continuously review each SPV’s risk register and ensure mitigating actions are closed out.
- Provide the board with “Finance Director” calibre advice on operational and financial risks and opportunities and make recommendations on appropriate courses of action.
- Manage the Business Planning and Model update process strictly in accordance with the requirements of the Financing Agreements and each SPV’s investors, and the companies policies.
- Ensure that the financial models reflect contractual, statutory, regulatory and commercial provisions.
- Prepare and assist in the presentation of the Business Plan and Model Update to each SPV’s board for approval.
- Secure funder approval of the updated model and deliver shareholders returns as expected.
- Prepare the annual operating budget and present this for board approval.
- Deliver the annual budget to the funder(s) in accordance with the requirement of the Financing Agreements.
- Ensure documented financial controls and segregation of duties are appropriately in place for each SPV and monitor compliance to such controls.
- Attend monthly management account reviews and instruct the Accounting team by providing the project specific financial procedures and information.
- Instruct the Accounting team of payments to be made to shareholders and senior debt providers.
- Manage the payment authorisation process.
- Undertake regular reviews of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Manage each SPV’s taxation obligations in accordance with the relevant tax legislation and, as appropriate, in accordance of the advice of each SPV’s tax advisors.
- Prepare and manage the audit process and the relationship with each SPV’s legal and tax advisors.
- Manage the preparation and the appropriate filing of unaudited interim accounts, as required.
- Manage all financial reporting requirements of each SPV, including the relevant Stock Market Reporting and Disclosure requirements for SPVs funded by Listed Debt.
- Ensure the effective management of the financial aspects of project variations, lifecycle expenditure, benchmarking and market testing in accordance with the requirements of the Contractual Agreements and in conjunction with each SPV’s site team and the Finance and Commercial Director
- Ensure effective and compliant treasury and working capital management in order to maximise shareholder returns and minimise risk.
- Manage each SPV’s invoicing, credit control and creditor payment cycle.
- Manage each SPV’s insurance obligations in conjunction with its insurance brokers and providers.
- Prepare and submit required statutory returns to Companies House and maintain the Vehicle records.
- Ensure that board meetings and proceedings are properly organised, conducted and recorded as required by the relevant Companies Act and the Contractual Agreements.
- Support Risk Management programme and ensure agreed recommendations are implemented.
- Support the commercial development of the business.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Current membership of a recognised accounting bod
- At least 4 years post qualified experience.
- Experience in communicating, influencing, and presenting at senior level.
- Experience working within a compliance focussed environment.
- Ability to identify potential issues surrounding a piece of complex legislation or policy and provide easily understood verbal and written analysis material and advice that is clear and comprehensive.
- Strong working knowledge of financial management matters including project finance.
- Maintenance of complex financial models using Microsoft Excel.
- Languages – Swedish, French or German viewed as advantageous.
- Clearly communicate technically complex financial issues, combined with effective influencing skills at all levels.
- Communicate effectively, even when challenged, the reasoning behind an opinion and recommendation with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify and analyse issues and provide expert technical accountancy advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Interpret and comply with complex contractual obligations, and to develop and apply an expert knowledge of contracts to make sure that others are compliant.
- Present financial information in a professional report style and prepare and articulate any relevant commentaries to a high standard of written English.
- Utilise various financial software packages and Microsoft applications.
- Prioritise, adhere to schedules and work to tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Rory Chandler
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Finance Manager – Renewable Energy
The Company: Our client, a fast-growing investment management business, is looking to hire...
July 4th, 2017
Job Title: LNG Trader – EMEA Industry Sector: Energy Trading Job Type: Permanent...
July 18th, 2017
The Company: Our Client is a sustainability market leader who thrive off of...
July 19th, 2017
Job Title: Graduate Energy Analyst Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job Type: Permanent Salary:...
May 18th, 2017