European Energy Procurement Manager
Are you an experienced, strategically focussed Procurement Manager who is able to build strong relationships? Have you got experience in European energy markets? Are you looking to join a forward thinking, market leading International Energy & Sustainability Consultancy? The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside an International consultancy who provide a vast range of global energy efficiency solutions and carbon management services. We are looking for a European Energy Procurement Manager to join their Procurement division.
The company is part of a wider international group who are dedicated to energy efficiency. The firm offers integrated services spanning procurement, compliance, strategy, implementation, operations and maintenance. They are a high ethical group and standard such as personal honesty and integrity are at the forefront of all they do.
As the European Energy Procurement Manager you will provide energy procurement consulting to strategic level clients. Through deep domain expertise, you will independently build strong relationships based on gaining trust and understanding of each client you service. Furthermore you will;
• Provide energy procurement consulting services to each assigned client; including, but not limited to: RFP development, market assessment, risk management, strategy development, contract negotiation, contract management, and product management.
• Independently develop and maintain high-level contacts within a client organisation.
• Demonstrate an authoritative and consultative approach that builds support within the highest levels of a client organisation.
• Develop and implement complex energy procurement and risk management strategies.
• Improving capabilities of procurement systems, providing advance knowledge and expertise in procurement
• Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of assigned regulatory markets.
• Ability to perform UAT tests and GAP analysis
• Building and managing relationship with market intelligence providers and suppliers. Exploring and improving products available on the market
• Meet regularly with clients, including in-person visits and teleconferences.
• Develop strategies that include complex purchasing options, i.e. portfolio approaches, block/index, etc.
• Analysing the wholesale gas and electricity markets and developing risk management strategies for clients. Formulate and implement a variety of trade strategies, maximising savings opportunities for clients
• Utilise complex analytics to optimise trading performance and develop technical methodology
• Communicate with utilities, local distribution companies, and public utility commissions to gather timely, accurate, and complete energy market intelligence.
• Assist in development of new energy procurement products and marketing materials.
• Contributing to new business/sales efforts: developing products, presentations, attending presentations
• Explain and educate clients on difficult energy market dynamics and metrics.
• Organise and run educational workshops aimed at developing the understanding of energy market and supply contract components to the wider staff (i.e. energy market drivers, pass-through contracts, energy regulation).
• Keep up-to-date with current energy legislation and the transformation of competitor capabilities, communicating to senior management in order to support the development of the businesses short, medium and long-term service direction
• Educated to a degree level in either Economics, Finance, Maths, Business or Engineering
• Project management skills- ability to manage competing client/ supplier demands, liaise with energy suppliers and adhere to internal quality standards often to tight deadlines.
• Able to speak additional one or two European Languages.
• 5 years of energy procurement experience either buying or selling retail energy.
• Experience and expertise in deregulated energy markets.
• Experience in a client facing role working directly with customers.
• Ability to build and maintain both client and supplier relationships.
• Direct experience of electricity or gas fixed and advanced flexible contract negotiation and trading gained either within an energy supply company or in a procurement or consultancy role is essential.
• Advanced knowledge of global markets, with detailed understanding required for global gas and electricity fundamentals, and the impact of oil, coal, carbon, economics, equities and geo-political drivers.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Andrew Green
Apply for European Energy Procurement Manager
The Company: Our client is a European power in trading, investment, and service...
July 12th, 2017
Summary: Our client, a leading International Energy Provider are looking to recruit a...
August 9th, 2017
The Client: A large international energy provider. Our client has a history of...
August 2nd, 2017
Summary: A great opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer to join a fast...
May 31st, 2017