European Energy Procurement Analyst (German Speaking)
The company is part of a wider international group who are dedicated to energy efficiency. The firm offers integrated services spanning procurement, compliance, strategy, implementation, operations and maintenance.
This vacancy is for an experienced procurement analyst who is looking for a responsible position securing competitively priced wholesale electricity and gas for an established client base of blue chip companies. This role would suit someone with energy procurement experience and has familiarity with electricity and gas contracts for I&C businesses. Ideally this experience will have been gained at a supplier or an energy purchasing organisation.
- Preparing and presenting details of clients’ sites, requesting and comparing quotes from suppliers and reporting the results of tenders to clients.
- Reviewing and negotiating suppliers’ terms and conditions.
- Analysing the wholesale gas and electricity markets and developing risk management strategies for clients.
- Administering the mechanics of the contracts: setting budgets for clients, checking site lists and suppliers’ prices, supporting the bill checking team and reporting to clients on exposures, savings, cost variances etc.
- Attendance of client/supplier meetings.
- Supporting the sales department.
- Identifying growth opportunities.
- Must speak German, other languages would also beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary as this role requires regular telephone and written/email contact with clients/suppliers. You will need to be professional, assertive, persuasive and communicate in the appropriate way at all times.
- Influencing, persuading and negotiation skills.
- Many elements of the electricity and gas contracts are fixed but a demonstrable ability to persuade suppliers and clients on other aspects, e.g. credit and the delivery of the quotes are essential.
- T. skills – Advanced Excel skills and the ability to sort, filter and manipulate data into reports are necessary. You should be able to use complex formulas and functions such as v-look-ups, if functions, pivot tables.
- Familiarity with databases is essential and training in the use of client database and contract negotiation system will be given.
- Competence in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Able to understand company credit checks and company accounts (i.e. ability to read company accounts and identify their strengths and weaknesses).
- Analytical skills and attention to detail. This role requires the ability to manage a large volume of information, paying very close attention to detail to ensure the client continues to receive an excellent level of service.
- Organisation skills. This role requires the ability to input into personal work objectives, take a proactive approach, manage a busy workload and keep calm under pressure.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a team with colleagues and senior management on key business issues.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Educated to a maths / finance / economics / engineering degree level.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Tom Brookes
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for European Energy Procurement Analyst (German Speaking)
The Client: The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside one of the largest...
September 11th, 2017
The Company: Our client is a growing company in the energy performance sector....
July 12th, 2017
The Client: The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a leading energy and...
January 18th, 2018
Job Title: Senior Account Manager (Gas) Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job Type: Permanent...
April 11th, 2017