Our client is a multinational energy company, currently seeking an Energy Analyst to join their growing residential analytical team. As Pricing and Costing Analyst, and you’ll provide in-depth pricing and costing analysis to support our client’s business across the residential market segments.
You’ll use your outstanding VBA knowledge and skills to constantly improve and streamline our client’s pricing and costing models and ensuring that they make the best possible use of market data.
You’ll be key in providing insightful advice on our client’s product portfolio and those of their competitors, whenever they need it; alerting our client to any possible changes in the market, presenting your insights to senior managers and producing reports that could go to director level.
To be successful, it’s vital that you can prioritise effectively. Furthermore, in the rapidly changing market in which our client operates, you need to be able to change those priorities immediately in reaction to new developments in the energy markets.
You’ll build and manage relationships with key stakeholders, represent the team on the work streams of important projects and maintain the core pricing and costing data that supports billing, quotations and financial plans. You should be a confident communicator who can make the complex simple.
You’ll need to respond to ad hoc pricing and costing requests from the wider business, so you’ll have huge scope to put your knowledge to work by advising on the competitive landscape and by managing and improving pricing and costing models, along with the operational delivery of any changes. It makes this a very varied role. Do well, and there will be plenty of opportunities for you to develop and progress into more senior roles.
- A full working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Visual Basic Application modelling skills are vital), Access, Word, PowerPoint
- A proven ability to deliver under pressure and meet tight deadlines in what can be a very busy environment.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritise your own work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of analysing complex data, pulling out key insights and communicating these to different business areas
- The ability to develop a full understanding of the competitive energy market in residential, distribution and supply businesses, and the role and influences of pricing and costing on the business
- A degree or equivalent in a business or numeric discipline
- A good knowledge of gas and electricity products or markets
- Full working knowledge of SQL
- Previous experience within a commercial role, ideally in the energy industry
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Tim Hall
- +44 (0) 203 640 2130
Apply for Energy Analyst
The Green Recruitment Company have been engaged by a leading energy services provider,...
October 3rd, 2017
The Client: One of the UK’s leading developers and service providers in the...
October 17th, 2017
The Role The Green Recruitment Company is working with a distributed solar company...
September 10th, 2017
Summary: Our client is an international Energy Solutions provider with a great reputation...
July 5th, 2017