Electricity Forecasting Team Leader
Job Title: Electricity Forecasting Team Leader
Industry Sector: Energy Procurement
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £33,000 basic
Site/Office Location: Leeds
Consultant: Andrew Green
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside one of the largest and leading international energy suppliers in their search for a Electricity Forecasting Team Leader. The firm has offices on multiple continents with an excellent reputation.
• Production of accurate and timely electricity demand forecasts for Retail customer consumption (HH and NHH) and export site production, including wind and solar farms.
• Ensure customers are appropriately set up in the relevant forecasting systems and maintenance of portfolio consistency.
• Improvement of forecasting accuracy by development and implementation of new techniques, methodologies, processes and services.
• Provision of information to Sales for customers on flexible products to minimise balancing costs via reference volume setting & revision.
• Analysis of forecasting performance.
• Development and implementation of strategy for forecasting Bank Holiday and other shutdown periods.
• Ensure complete set of documentation of forecasting processes and methodologies under the internal Continuous Improvement Programme.
• Provide support for forecasting activities delivered by the shift desk.
• Management of TRIAD forecasting/notification process.
• Management of external forecasting service providers and optimisation of related contracts.
• Adherence to internal process and risk frameworks.
Outcome, Results and Key Performance Indicators:
• Forecasts issued within required timescales.
• Forecast accuracy within agreed targets.
• Provision of relevant data to industry bodies within required timescales.
• Production of management information reports.
• Improved demand forecasting strategies, methodologies, systems and services.
• Analysis of forecasting performance and production of management information reports.
• Detailed understanding of the ‘Supply and Balancing – Electricity’ Continuous Improvement Process.
• Liaison with Hedging Desk to ensure accurate position management.
• Liaison with Sales/Contract Management to ensure accurate portfolio view, including future wins/losses.
• Liaison with London shift team to ensure out-of-hours operations & forecasting performance is maintained.
• Management of M-1 EFP costs.
• Support development of new products/services.
• Ensure people management processes are well applied.
• Planning and development of direct reports.
Knowledge and skills:
• Sound knowledge of the UK electricity market and our Retail products.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Statistical analysis would be advantageous.
• Highly numerate.
• Proven ability to present information effectively.
• Able to demonstrate a practical approach to problem solving.
• Able to manage large sets of data.
• Microsoft Office proficient, VBA skills would be advantageous.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to organise and produce work under tight deadlines.
• Previous UK gas and electricity market/industry experience.
• Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex environment.
• Previous team leader/management experience is advantageous.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Andrew Green
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Electricity Forecasting Team Leader
Job Title: Risk Manager/Account Manager Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job Type: Permanent Salary:...
June 9th, 2017
Job Title: Senior Sales Manager – Germany Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job Type:...
November 7th, 2017
The Client: Due to anticipated growth, The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside...
November 15th, 2017
The Client: The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a leading energy consultancy...
October 3rd, 2017