Design Engineer – District Heating
District Heating & CHP
- Split location, 3-4 days Liverpool and 1-2 days London per week.
- 3 month initial contract, potential (likely) 3 month extension depending on project progress.
- We are converting a heat distribution system from steam to LTHW, which includes two boiler houses and 23 consumer plant rooms. We have one boiler house close to commissioning and a major phasing activity to undertake across the site.
- We require an engineer to be primarily based on site, collate site queries and collect survey information. The engineer will then return to London to complete the necessary calculations, schematic amendments and specify components, which will be reviewed prior to the engineer returning to site for the implementation.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Highly numerate and with a comprehensive understanding of heat transfer, fluid mechanics and fluid hydraulics.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical, Building Services or Energy Engineering.
- 2+ years post graduate experience in relevant fields of design engineering
- Ideally experience of energy centre mechanical services design, such as district heating, CHP and renewables
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Experience in building integrated and utility scale energy systems, renewables and carbon efficiency.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
- Be able to present and explain thought processes behind your own work
- Writing ability that is coherent, grammatically correct, analytical, and professional
- Computer proficiency in spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation software
- Competent in dealing with quantitative data and analysis
- Highly competent in AutoCAD, Solid Works or other compliant CAD software
- Competent in GIS software products
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Liam Pryle
- +44 (0) 203 640 2130
Apply for Design Engineer – District Heating
The Green Recruitment Company have been exclusively engaged by a CHP/BMS provider, seeking...
September 29th, 2017
Summary: Our client is the leading provider of district heating solutions in towns...
October 5th, 2017
Summary: Split location, 3-4 days Liverpool and 1-2 days London per week. 3...
December 7th, 2017
Summary: Our client, a leading International Energy Provider are looking to recruit a...
August 9th, 2017