Demand Response Project Engineer
Our client, a leading Demand Side Response company are seeking a Project Engineer with practical experience to join their UK technical team.
Reporting to our client’s Delivery Manager, this is a client facing role and you will need to be a mature in attitude individual who will be able to work remotely, representing our client on client sites.
A level headed, considered individual, you will enjoy ‘solutions management’.
You will be happy to play a main part in a busy delivery team and share your skills across Sales, Delivery and Operations departments.
If you are passionate and enthusiastic about clean technology and enjoy working in a dynamic fast-paced environment, please apply to this position!
As DSR Engineer you will be responsible for the following;
- Undertaking Technical Qualification surveys on client sites, sites to ascertain the potential for asset control strategy upgrades, Capacity Market, Demand Response (‘DR’) and Frequency Response (‘FR’) programmes
- Delivering scope of works for demand response applications that includes, control strategies, integration with existing systems, wiring diagrams, O&M manuals and commissioning documentation for delivering projects
- Undertaking technical discussions with key client stakeholders and third parties to facilitate onsite project engineering and control of BMS on client sites
- Overseeing all aspects of projects, in conjunction with Project Managers, including technical work, scheduling, budget management, assigning responsibilities, sub-contractor supervising, project status and client relationship management
- Supporting other company teams with knowledge of BMS systems and protocols
- Providing support to the wider technical team with regards to the design, development, implementation and analysis of DSR projects
- Guiding junior engineers, technicians and sub-contractors
- Managing contractors and third party suppliers to integrate Demand Response on client sites
- Delivering project reports using approved processes and systems
Skills & Aptitude:
You will have the following experience
- Electrical Engineering degree level qualified
- Experience in Demand Side Response programmes and processes
- Highly motivated individual, ‘can do’ solution orientated attitude
- Experienced in working independently when required on client’s sites
- Able to read and follow electrical Single Line Diagrams (SLD’s)
- Understand at high level, electrical transmission and distribution systems.
- Some understanding of metering for balancing Services and / or Capacity Market and their relevant Codes of Practices would be advantageous.
- Willing to learn, expand and share your Demand Side Response knowledge
- Knowledge of distributed generation & CHP including renewables.
- Recognise common items of Building or process plant on client’s sites
- Understand basic relay and switchgear logic
- Report writing
- Entrepreneurial, with experience in conceiving and then managing deliverables through to successful execution
- Proficient in project management, design and implementation, together with business planning
- First rate customer management skills, coupled with strong listening and communications skills
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Tim Hall
- +44 (0) 203 640 2130
Apply for Demand Response Project Engineer
The Client: An innovate energy storage company that has established itself over the...
July 13th, 2017
The Client: One of the UK’s leading developers and service providers in the...
October 17th, 2017
Summary: Our client, a leading Demand Side Response company, are seeking an Energy...
August 8th, 2017
Summary: Our company, part of a leading energy efficiency company is dedicated to...
July 4th, 2017