Our client, an international energy company are recruiting a Data Manager to sit within their Smart Buildings team. The role will work as part of a team delivering metering, interface and data management solutions
The Data Manager will have primary responsible for the management of energy and telemetry data from a multitude of sources. The role encompasses a number of disciplines surrounding data including data continuity, quality checking and data manipulation. The individual will have a keen understanding of the value of data and meticulous attention to detail.
This role offers great opportunities for career progression within a new and growing division of a well-respected international energy business
The Data Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Manage all incoming data files & feeds from internal and external AMR systems and other field deployed devices
- Create and enforce systems for effective data management
- Review data for inconsistencies or anomalies
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis
- Establish, develop & follow rules and procedures for data sharing and collection with external stakeholders
- Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
- Monitor and analyse information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses (LOAs etc.)
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications
- Managing Assets of internal AMR systems
- Liaise with third part data supply businesses including DCDAs & data communications providers
- Working closely with clients, sites and supply chain partners to gather and validate information pertaining to data management requirements
- Liaising with clients, providing updates to agreed timescales, and managing expectations
- Working closely with supply chain partners to facilitate timely project delivery.
- Identify opportunities to utilise metering and new connections works with sub-contractor and end customers
- Assist in the formulation of proposals, pricing up of metering projects and providing quotations to customers
- Formulating and managing project plans to ensure projects are delivered on budget and on time
- Support the utility connections and metering coordinators with management of MOP & DCDA Contracts
- Write Legacy Renewals, Manage Legacy AMR (Repair/ install)
- Asset Management
- Client Data Mobilisation
- Managing Data Feeds for same BUs and Data Only Clients (Fault finding if missing data)
- Data Cleaning for BUs, uploading missing data cleaning spikes from data etc.
- Data Feed Configuration old and new clients (contacting DCDAs/suppliers/Working with Site BMS, Setting up FTPs/Designing new data handlers if needed)
- Download and upload AMR and Manual Readings for PFI Reports
- Weekly download of data for Few Legacy Clients
- SIM Card Management.
- Testing when changes affect data flows/imports etc.
Candidate knowledge and skills required:
- Excellent I.T. skills and experience. Competent in Excel (intermediate to advanced level) and competent in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
- Must have the ability to manage competing client demands, liaise with suppliers and adhere to internal quality standards often to tight deadlines
- Ability to manage client expectations in a systematic and professional way to ensure high levels of client satisfaction
- Self-motivated and the ability to plan own work, working with minimum supervision
Candidate Qualifications required:
- Educated to A-Level as a minimum, preferably with qualifications in mathematics
- Degree level qualification or equivalent demonstrable experience in this role (desired but not essential)
- Project Management qualifications (Prince2)
- Experience in one or more of the following Industries; Metering, Energy Supply, Building Services, Building Controls Experience
- Evidence of project management
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Tim Hall
- +44 (0) 203 640 2130
Apply for Data Manager
The Client: An established Energy Storage Company, with the feel of a starts...
May 24th, 2017
Role Purpose This individual will be responsible for the identification and securing of...
May 18th, 2017
Summary: A great opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer to join a fast...
May 31st, 2017
The Role: The Energy Storage O&M Technician is a site-based role performing operational and...
September 25th, 2017