Control & Instrumentation Engineer – Renewables
Energy Management Software
As energy supply becomes more decentralised and renewable energy makes up a greater percentage of the energy mix, applications where multiple technologies are deployed on the same site will become increasingly common. Controlling a diverse range of technologies will be a key challenge in the future that the Energy Management System project is aiming to address. The development of this control system is particularly important for Energy Storage and Off-Grid businesses.
The C&I Engineer will be part of the Group Engineering function, with a direct reporting line to the Senior C&I Engineer.
The Control and Instrumentation engineer will design, build, test and commission HMI screens, PLC code and supporting documentation for the in-house Energy Management System (EMS).
The Control and Instrumentation Engineer will work as part of the in-house EMS team, to develop the in-house EMS to control a variety of energy storage and renewable generators in order to optimise their operation.
▪ Support the Senior C&I engineer in the implementation of the in-house EMS for energy storage. This will include the following activities:
▪ Develop EMS graphical user interface / HMI screens
▪ Develop PLC code to the standards defined by the senior C&I engineer
▪ Provide on-site commissioning support to implementations of the control systems in operational projects
▪ Willingness to travel to support real world deployments globally, and to the US headquarters in Denver on at least a quarterly basis.
▪ Knowledge of HMI development including Databases and scripting (i.e. Python/VBA)
▪ Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC programming languages and strategies
▪ Knowledge of Power Industry communication protocols (Modbus, DNP3, IEC61850)
▪ Knowledge of on site and remote data capture systems
▪ On site commissioning of SCADA systems
▪ Development of HMI screens using SCADA packages such as; Inductive Automation ignition, Wonderware or similar
▪ Programming of Allen Bradley PLCs.
▪ On site commissioning and testing of SCADA systems
▪ Experience of working within the Power Generation Industry would be beneficial
▪ Degree in Electrical or Control Systems Engineering or equivalent qualifications with additional experience
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Alana Williams
Apply for Control & Instrumentation Engineer – Renewables
The Green Recruitment Company have been engaged by a leading energy services provider...
October 25th, 2017
Summary: Our client provide financing and project management on energy infrastructure upgrades...
April 25th, 2017
Job Title: Head of Account Management Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job Type: Permanent...
April 11th, 2017
The Company: Our client is a market leading energy efficiency business. They provide...
August 8th, 2017