Consulting Director – Offshore Wind
Our client is a leading strategic consultancy covering renewable energy, energy & carbon efficiency, energy systems & markets as well as energy & climate policies. They work globally with both public and private clients delivering smart, effective, practical and sustainable solutions.
As a member of the Offshore Wind team, the successful candidate will help build a strong management consulting business, continuing the company’s expansion at industry leading growth rates, leveraging its strengths and expertise in Technical Advisory and Lender’s Engineer services in major offshore wind projects.
The Director will develop the Offshore Wind “go to” market strategy along with relevant service propositions to grow a sustainable pipeline of business in the first year. In addition, they will lead consulting engagements and client relationship management activities.
We are looking for a Consulting Director with specialist Offshore Wind project development experience and an understanding of the wider international Offshore Wind landscape, to develop, shape and deliver Technical Advisory services, and thus help support strategic imperatives.
- Contribute to the overall Energy sector growth strategy via Business and Practice Development
- Develop a go-to market strategy for our targeted client base
- Collaborate across practices to bring the best of all service lines and offerings to clients
- Forge new client relationships and contribute to the practice’s overall client delivery capacity
- Lead and motivate project teams to execute on client promises
- Shape, sponsor, and invest in career development of company consultants and managers
- Create a strong, sustainable pipeline of business based on these service offering
- Create and manage a steady flow of sustainable revenue
- Develop new and compelling Offshore Wind consulting services assisting clients to be successful in the highly competitive tendering environment
The successful candidate would ideally have a 10+ year track-record selling and delivering high-level Technical Advisory / Lender’s Engineer consulting services to blue chip clients in the Offshore Wind industry. Of overall importance is the candidate’s passion, desire, and proven ability to grow a consulting business, lead consulting teams, and thrive in a highly collaborative, partnership driven, environment.
- Ability to create, maintain and enhance long-term relationships with clients to ensure client satisfaction and generate opportunities for others within the firm
- A deep understanding of the current trends, issues, and best practices in offshore wind project development
- Ability to engage with potential clients to understand their challenges and needs, shape and recommend solutions, and close sales opportunities
- Ability to develop a robust pipeline of qualified and developed opportunities, converting into annuity revenue streams
- Ability to collaborate, building effective working relationships with direct reports and professionals across the business
- Ability to oversee multiple, million-dollar plus engagements and a reference list of satisfied clients
- The ability to create new, new market ready consulting offerings in the area of offshore wind technical advisory services
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Geraint Powell
- +44 (0) 203 640 2130
Apply for Consulting Director – Offshore Wind
Our client is searching for a dynamic and commercially minded Energy Projects Officer...
August 22nd, 2017
Iberdrola ist einer der weltgrößten Energieerzeuger und mit 14,4 GW installierter Leistung einer...
September 1st, 2017
The Company: Our client is a leading multinational Solar PV component manufacturer, and...
July 12th, 2017
The Company: Our client is a large and fast-growing company, who are market...
July 4th, 2017