Construction Engineer – North West
Job Title: Construction Engineer
Industry Sector: Utilities
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £44,000 (Depending on Experience)
Regional Coverage: North West
Consultant: Jacob Gilles
A market leading Independent Connection Provider with a great reputation for developing specialists in electrical connections would like to hear from individuals with an engineering background that have experience in electrical distribution. As a result of continuous growth in this sector the company can offer great development opportunities.
The Construction Engineer primary role is to manage all aspects of construction management in the construction, installation & commissioning of contestable electrical connections up to 33Kv.
The individual shall:
- Provide accurate quality work within the framework of the company and industry systems, rules and guidelines.
- Ensure work is completed in a timely manner with due consideration to deadlines
- Maintain a helpful and informative work environment
- Support Business managers and supervisors in driving continuous business improvement within the company
- Demonstrate and promote the highest standards of Health and Safety
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by your Manager.
- Be willing to travel throughout UK to regional offices and sites.
- Individuals must have a professional attitude.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- To deliver Contestable Connections on time and within budget
- Maintain financial control of projects throughout using correct industry procedures.
- To be fully conversant with all relevant business processes.
- To promote and demonstrate a culture of health safety & quality at all times.
- To comply at all times with the requirements of Environmental Policy.
- Carry out risk assessments
- Develop Construction Method Statements and prepare site instruction.
- Record all project variations
- All other reasonably requested duties.
- Carry out Site Safety Audits as required.
- Report all accidents and incidents
- Carry out and maintain all on site inductions and keep appropriate records as per procedures.
- Issue and record PPE issue as required.
- Ensure all works are carried out to Company / DNO specifications.
- Keep up to date on current legislation & regulations
- Carry out all works in line with policies and procedures
- All works in the Public Highway to be carried out in liaison with the local authority and to current HAUC Specification.
- All off site work will be signed and barriered in accordance with Chapter 8 NRSWA.
- Ensure that all relevant safety, construction specifications & technical data are available.
- To liaise with other staff / client to ensure all targets and key milestones are met.
- To provide and feedback relevant KPI information as required.
- To be fully aware of the market place that Ltd are operating within and to promote the company to maximise opportunities.
- To hold all current relevant authorisations and certification related to the project.
- Ensure that you have the relevant experience, knowledge & training.
- The incumbent must have knowledge and experience of electrical distribution and have an engineering background.
- The incumbent should hold a relevant qualification ONC/BTEC Level 3/Degree in an Electrical technical discipline and/or operational competency DNO Authorised or Senior Authorised Staff status.
- The incumbent must hold a NRSWA supervisory card, CSCS card and SMSTS certificate
- Individuals must have a full valid driving license and be willing to travel throughout the UK.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Jacob Gilles
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Construction Engineer – North West
Summary: Our client is a long-established energy management software provider with over 25...
March 27th, 2017
The Organisation: Our client is an independent international engineering and project management consultancy....
June 6th, 2017
The Energy & Service Assurance Manager is a member of the Technical Services...
March 10th, 2017
The Green Recruitment Company have been engaged by a leading energy services provider...
May 19th, 2017