Commercial Energy Analyst
District Heating & CHP
The Green Recruitment Company are working with a leading, international energy and services company who have recently established a decentralized energy division, which is pivotal to the future direction of the business. Our client are seeking a Commercial Energy Analyst who will have responsibility for all commercial modelling activity to set up and grow the business from its existing basis, with specific responsibility for all client facing commercial analysis and contracts which includes the support for negotiation and the completion of contracts.
The role will have accountability for taking our client’s international proposition and applying detailed UK market knowledge into a vigorous commercial model which will then be used to contribute into client dialogue, negotiations and agreements.
The role will have responsibility for inputting into all the commercial and financial commitments in all contracts signed with customers and therefore all revenue targets and associated risks
- Develop the commercial solution for the customer into a tangible financial model
- Develop and own financial models to price up customer sales solution
- Gather inputs from technical and financing aspects of customer sales and contracting to ensure commercial approach and contract are completed within pipeline target times and to hit margin aspirations
- Work with UK Business to support negotiations of contract terms and drive the contract to completion
- Manage the handover of commercials from contract approval to delivery teams
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and have the following experience
- Corporate finance and analysis: Able to define required metrics for use in contracts and customer negotiations and produce detailed commercial models and using them in customer negotiations and contracts – must have sufficient competency to guide and check output of the financial modelling efforts and perform modelling independently
- UK energy market knowledge and analytics: Some level of understanding of UK electricity market required to help define commercial strategies and tradeoffs as differently strategies are considered. Must be able to translate these strategies and the revenue streams which make them up simply for customers
- Project management: Skilled at bringing together several work streams including sales, commercial, technical and finance and influencing senior stakeholders in these areas to deliver on time to support customer conversations and timelines
- Technical knowledge: Role will be receiving input from technical experts and must therefore have a basic level of understanding of distributed energy technologies including Combined Heat and Power; diesel and gas generators; solar PV and Thermal; BMS controls, energy storage, building energy efficiency measures etc
- Collaboration: Must be able to work effectively and to influence a range of senior customer and internal stakeholders and with potential external parties including funding and technology providers
- Commercial analysis: Some experience of building and reviewing complex financial models showing investment profiles, balance sheet and tax implications
- UK electricity industry: Experience at working in the UK electricity market and understanding of the revenue streams (e.g. TRIAD, Capacity market) and their mechanics – preferred
- Collaboration: Experience at working in multi-function teams to deliver complex solutions and influence wide groups of stakeholders Certifications required to carry out the role competently and effectively
- Degree level qualification in numeric discipline – or equivalent
- Finance or technical qualifications (e.g. CFA, CIAM or ImechE) optional Depth/breadth of experience required to carry out the role competently and effectively
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Tim Hall
- +44 (0) 203 640 2130
Apply for Commercial Energy Analyst
Summary: The Green Recruitment Company are working with a leading, international energy and...
April 25th, 2017
Summary: Our client is a well-respected, multinational organisation who deliver distributed energy...
November 9th, 2016
Summary: Our client, a leading district heating design, build and operate company are...
January 20th, 2017
Our client is currently searching for an Energy Services Manager to manage their...
October 12th, 2016