Commercial Data Manager
Energy & Carbon
Job Title: Commercial Data Manager
Industry Sector: Energy Procurement
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £45,000 + 20% Bonus
Site/Office Location: Surrey
Consultant: Andrew Green
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside one of the largest and leading international energy suppliers in their search for a Commercial Data Manager. The firm has offices on all continents with a reputation second to none.
The Commercial Data Manager is responsible for extracting, analysing and producing information to focus and form commercial strategy and aid long term business growth. This will require short term operational management and long term development of reporting in line with the firm’s requirements.
• Management of predictive models to determine valuation of portfolios both at an individual customer and segmented level. Evaluate, propose and create bespoke solutions based on the best method for the specific customer or Sales segment.
• Determine use of metrics to create solutions to aid long term profitability through (and not limited to) creative product and pricing solutions, removal of non-profitable business segments.
• Determine use of metrics to create solutions to aid understanding of commercial risk and sales retention dependencies.
• Responsible for the creation of business health metrics through modelling of long terms trends in margin, contractual period, retention lag time.
• Responsible for creation of monthly Information reports and analysis to all Sales areas within the business on both Gas and Power.
• Work closely with the Gas Business and Systems manager and IT on development of long term solutions on reporting and portfolio management. Ensure infrastructure is in place to aid future development of commercial analysis.
• Improving the protection of data within the business, creating controls to minimise the risk of data abuse.
• Play a key analytical role in projects, looking at portfolio data as well as industry and public domain information to draw informed conclusions. Communicating the conclusions effectively to project sponsors.
The role sits within Economics, working closely with Sales and Marketing, Credit, Gas Economics. Based out of the Surrey Marketing office it will require regular contact with Pricing.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
• Expert in data analysis and reporting.
• Strong analytical problem solving skills.
• Should have a minimum of 5 years of commercial experience with at least 3 years hands-on technical roles in the field and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Previous commercial experience within the gas and or power industry – preferred
• Degree calibre in a numerate/analytical discipline e.g. Economics, Statistics, Computer Science#
• Proficient in the use of Excel & Access
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44 (0) 203 640 2130
The Green Recruitment Company is a specialist recruitment agency that recruits across the environmental and waste management sectors. If this role is not of interest but you are looking for a new opportunity, please contact the named consultant who would be happy to discuss current vacancies in your target area.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Andrew Green
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Commercial Data Manager
The Green Recruitment Company have been engaged by a leading Energy Services Provider,...
July 5th, 2017
The Company: Our client is a market leading energy efficiency business. They provide...
August 8th, 2017
Summary: Split location, 3-4 days Liverpool and 1-2 days London per week. 3...
December 7th, 2017
Job Title: Head of Account Management Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job Type: Permanent...
April 11th, 2017