Chief Operating Officer (Interim – 1 year – Maternity Cover)
Our client is an ethical fund manager, specialising in low carbon and environmental investments. As a CIC, the company has no shareholders, and all surpluses generated within the year are reinvested into the fund or used to further advance the business objectives, in particular to support community owned projects. The business own and operate a wind turbine asset which sits within a subsidiary. All surpluses from this company are returned for re-investment.
This role is to provide maternity cover for the Chief Operating Officer. This role oversees the day to day running of the business, management of the Investment fund and responsibilities associated with specific investments. The role can be fulfilled in on a flexible basis depending upon circumstances.
The team comprises two staff, supported by consultants and the board. Our client has aims to manage additional funds in the future, to increase the breadth of its work. These funds will need to be complimentary to the ethical ethos and technical expertise of the business.
- Oversight of ongoing management of existing investments, ensuring repayments are made on time and to schedule.
- Oversight of ongoing management of the investment in ensuring proper operation and management of the asset.
- Oversee the negotiation of all new investments and refinancing of existing investments (in the low carbon and environmental sectors).
- Oversee the completion of due diligence, monitoring and evaluation, investment and project documentation.
- Oversee and support commercial and contractual structuring/negotiations utilising external legal support.
- Oversight of all financial expenditure and income.
- Reporting to BIS who oversee the fund.
- Annual budgeting, monthly financial planning and reforecasting of Company cash flow.
- Develop and build new investment areas for the business in the low carbon and environmental sectors.
- Supported by an external Company Secretary, ensure the governance requirements of the organisation are met and board meetings and AGM are conducted appropriately.
- Line management of an associate to support all activities
- Management of external consultants, associates and service providers
- Management of book-keeper and management accountant and supporting raising invoices, chasing payments
- Monthly reporting to the Board
- 5 yrs+ professional and relevant experience in a technical, project management or commercial role.
- Ideally the successful candidate will have a BEng / MEng / MSc in a relevant discipline, although experience and aptitude are just as important and so diploma will be considered.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to balance a mix of priorities.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of renewable energy technologies, the low carbon sector and sustainability.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Rory Chandler
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Chief Operating Officer (Interim – 1 year – Maternity Cover)
THE CLIENT: The Green Recruitment Company represent a market leading Global Investor who...
January 9th, 2017
To support continued international growth, our client is looking for an experienced and...
December 13th, 2016
THE ORGANISATION: The Green Recruitment Company represents a renewable investment management fund who...
November 21st, 2016
As a Project Manager for the development and financing of ground-mounted large-scale solar...
October 25th, 2016