Cable Jointer – South West England
Job Title: Cable Jointer
Industry Sector: Multi Utilities
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Flexible Depending on Experience
Regional Coverage: South West: Southampton, Oxford, Bournemouth & Salisbury
Consultant: Jacob Gilles
A growing, market leading independent utility connections and networks provider with a healthy pipeline of work would like to hear from DNO Operational Authorised Cable Jointers. The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation of electrical infrastructure on behalf of the client and would be assisted by an Assistant Cable Jointer who they would act as a Team Leader to.
A highly recognised and reputable company. This company executes comprehensive utility infrastructure solutions with a proven track record in securing repeat business from their awarded projects. They can offer excellent development opportunities and a competitive package.
The Key Responsibilities:
- Work safely at all times wearing relevant PPE that is supplied.
- Install and commission Electrical Infrastructure as instructed, ensuring that all work is undertaken to a high standard of safety and technical quality by following all appropriate generic and specific method statements, work procedures and safety instructions
- Accept delivery of plant and materials and check fitness for purpose prior to use
- Ensure vehicles, plant and equipment remain in good condition, and report any defects to the Regional Construction Manager
- Complete site specific risk assessments on a daily basis and ensure maintenance of a safe working environment
- Act as a Competent Person on Energisations (if assessed as competent)
- Attend “toolbox talks” and other training courses as required
- Record accurately details of work undertaken
- Submit relevant work details for recording and invoicing in the required timescale
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Regional Construction Manager that fall within the general experience scope of the individual
The Primary Activities:
- Manual Handling
- Working on development sites.
- Working in public highway.
- Identify and understand utility plans.
- Undertake Cable Jointing activities.
- Undertake Network Energisations (If assessed as competent)
- Complete relevant paperwork to the desired standard and return in a timely manner
- DNO Operational Authorisation
- NRSWA certificate for operatives
- CSCS Card
- City and Guilds or equivalent experience or qualification
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Must have a full valid driving licence
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44 (0) 203 640 2130
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Jacob Gilles
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Cable Jointer – South West England
The Client: An established Energy Storage Company, with the feel of a starts...
May 24th, 2017
The Organisation: Our client is an independent international engineering and project management consultancy....
June 6th, 2017
Job Title: Trainee Construction Engineer Industry Sector: ...
March 6th, 2017
Job Title: Construction Engineer Industry Sector: ...
February 2nd, 2017