Business Development Manager – District Heating
District Heating & CHP
My client, a leading energy solutions provider are recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join their growing Business Development team based in the Midlands.
This is an important and senior position within the business, reporting to the head of the division in the Midlands, and comes with functional support provided by our client’s commercial, legal and financial teams.
You will successfully develop and expand our client’s flagship local city council district heating scheme, delivering new connections and commercial contract management.
You will be working with the Operations Team in terms of managing variations to their existing agreements.
As Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for the following;
- Identification of new connection potential for existing schemes, followed by project management (customer relationship, internal team co-ordination, internal approvals, contract negotiation etc.) so as to achieve a timely contract closure
- Acting as the key point of contact with developers and local authorities in terms of extending the existing network to new customer buildings, and providing information and proposals to developers supported by the Business Development Team
- Manage relationships effectively with all internal clients
- Work closely with Development Analysts who control financial models and provide technical assistance
- Provide support to the business in the absence of line managers
- Organising and attending meetings, developing relationships with key stakeholders as well as development and commercial contract management of existing district heating schemes and assets
- Undertake sales presentations, explaining typical commercial delivery models and present case studies to ensure potential clients understand the capabilities of the client
- You will be expected to have sufficient technical knowledge of district energy schemes to engage with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Gather and accurately record information from potential clients or their representative about their development pipeline or a particular project.
- You will have knowledge of the energy services sector in the UK and have experience of the development of commercially viable low carbon energy projects, and in incorporating CHP and other forms of renewable energy generation
- An understanding of the principles of district heating.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal. The role requires a lot of report writing as well as use of MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint so proficiency with these programmes is essential
- The ability to liaise effectively with internal staff and with contractors
- You will be able to demonstrate that you have successfully managed client relationships within an energy consultancy, energy services or other relevant business
- Experience of managing staff an advantage
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Tim Hall
- 0203 640 2130
Apply for Business Development Manager – District Heating
The Organisation: Our client are a leading UK design, build and operate District...
April 25th, 2017
The Green Recruitment Company have been exclusively engaged by a CHP/BMS provider, seeking...
September 29th, 2017
Summary: Our client is the leading provider of district heating solutions in towns...
October 5th, 2017
Role Purpose This individual will be responsible for the identification and securing of...
May 18th, 2017