Business Development Manager
District Heating & CHP
Our client is the leading provider of district heating solutions in towns and cities across the UK, providing their services to developers and the communities that benefit from them. This international energy business are recruiting for an experienced Business Development Manager to generate new clients across London and the South East.
The Business Development Manager will lead the development of new multimillion pound district energy opportunities in the region. You will be managing this process from initial client contact to financial close.
You will be in charge of co-ordinating support provided by our client’s Design, Projects, Legal and Commercial teams within the business, as well as a number of external stakeholders.
This is an exciting role for a natural sales professional who is comfortable in selling in technical solutions to a range of clients. This is a huge opportunity to be involved with a low carbon solution that is essential for the UK governments future energy objectives
Requirements for the role:
You will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for securing new multimillion pound district energy contracts within the UK public and private sectors
- Make initial contact with prospective clients
- Manage pre-qualification and tendering processes
- Manage our client’s governance / gate process until contract close.
- Develop and maintain a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Manage the development of new opportunities through our client’s governance to contract close.
- Lead contract negotiations with supply chain partners and customers with support from commercial & legal teams
- Co-ordinate internal resources to meet challenging customer deadlines
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with our client’s key stakeholders and partners including Local Authorities, developers and land owners, consultants and colleagues
- Knowledge of the district energy sector
- Degree level in a relevant subject or equivalent experience
- Ability to build positive relationships at all levels
- Experience of managing complex commercial negotiations
- Strong presentation, influencing and motivational skills
- Excellent attention to details and understanding of risk
- Collaborative and an effective team player
- Excellent business development ability, with keen awareness of potential opportunities
- Adaptable and influential in diverse environments
- Ability to use standard software packages to an advance level
- Experience of managing staff an advantage
- Driving Licence essential
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Tim Hall
- +44 (0) 203 640 2130
Apply for Business Development Manager
Summary: Our client, a well-established energy solutions company is seeking a Lead Programme...
September 6th, 2016
Summary: Our client are a leading international energy solutions company who work on...
April 25th, 2017
The Organisation & Role: Our client is a leading, multinational energy solutions company...
December 11th, 2017
The Client: One of the UK’s leading developers and service providers in the...
October 17th, 2017