Electrical Design Engineer
Our client, an energy management software company delivers global energy consumption and environmental solutions to a range of high energy users
They are seeking the services of a motivated Electrical Design Engineer to join their London-based team.
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering & Estimation the successful candidate will work as part of our client’s Engineering & Estimation team to design and cost our client’s energy monitoring projects in buildings. This is an exciting opportunity to join a global technology company in the sustainability / energy efficiency sector
Specific responsibilities include:
- Liaise with Client/Business Development team to understand project specifications and requirements;
- Liaise with Clients to acquire technical information, data, plans and drawings for the site;
- Review client’s site information to ensure substantial understanding of the site and identifying list of activities to be carried out during the site visit;
- Perform desktop design and cost analysis based on Client’s data and information to demonstrate cost viability of different solutions to the Business Development team;
- Working together with the Business Development team to prepare competitive tenders and proposals with compliance to tender specifications and the relevant statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Provide on-time accurate and professional technical support to the Business Development Team including attending client/site meetings where required during pre and post sales stage;
- Prepare and provide all necessary detailed design documentations to Projects team for design handover and project implementations;
- Administration works for quotation and order processing;
- Review costing of proposals and aid the introduction of new technologies to reduce costs and improve performance.
- There will also be a requirement to provide periodic support to our client’s Projects, Commissioning and Service teams.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following.
- Electrical/Building Services qualifications with specialised interest in building automation and data acquisition technologies, energy conservation and efficiency in buildings.
- Sound understanding of building services and how different services operate and their correlation within a building
- Ability to comprehend a building’s electrical and mechanical services by reviewing of technical drawings, visual site inspection of the building and its Building Management System.
- Ability to formulate engineering concepts by develop design schematics, block diagrams and/or sketches
- Previous experience in electrical cost estimation will be beneficial but not necessary.
- Organised approach to site investigation and documentation.
- Attention to details and capable to manage and prioritise multiple tasks.
- Effective English written and verbal communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge with Microsoft Words and Excel.
- Familiar with relevant Health and Safety, environmental, and quality legislation, requirements and procedures.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- Tim Hall
- +44 (0) 203 640 2130
Apply for Electrical Design Engineer
The Organisation Our client are a leading UK design, build and operate District...
March 27th, 2017
Job Title: Graduate Energy Analyst Industry Sector: Energy Procurement Job Type: Permanent Salary:...
February 15th, 2017
The Client: Our client has been established within the energy space for over...
December 13th, 2016
Summary: Our client, a leading district heating design, build and operate company are...
January 20th, 2017