|Business Development Manager - Energy|
Business Development Manager - Energy
Salary: up to £45K - depending on experience
Location: West Midlands – but can be home based
Job Type: Permanent
Consultant: Tim Hall
The Green Recruitment Company are currently working alongside a well-respected energy consultancy based out of the West Midlands who are currently looking for a Business Development Manager to join their growing sales team. The position is to develop and maintain a pipeline of new sales to the business at sufficient rates to support the growth of the business into the future.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the appointed candidate will drive measurable market penetration, sales and profit growth, whilst maintaining exceptional client relationships with both the current and new customer base
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Sales to new and existing clients
• Up-selling assistance to Operations (Account Management & Managed Services Departments)
• New product launches
• Bid management
• Competitor knowledge and understanding
• And any other minor duties as advised by the Line Manager from time to time.
• The individual must have had experience and held a similar position in sales, ideally being able to demonstrate their role in company growth.
• Candidates will ideally have demonstrable experience of the energy market.
• Candidates will be seasoned business development professionals with a successful track record of delivery in a consultative B2B sales environment.
• An ability to understand and integrate with the financial requirements of the clients. The role involves a high degree of commercial awareness.
• Being able to provide a simple explanation on energy matters to non-experts.
• As the role covers a number of differing activities, it is important that the individual can prioritise their work and be flexible to change their activities to reflect the current key business need.
• The natural gravitas to engage with and influence senior executives both internally and externally.
• Good time management with excellent organisational and planning skills
• Must be computer literate with excellent IT skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, internet, etc.
• Must hold a minimum of a degree or similar in a related discipline.
• Proven ability to influence people at all levels within the organisation.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44 (0) 203 002 2877