|Business Development Manager – Large Commercial Solar|
Business Development Manager – Large Commercial Solar
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £45,000 plus OTE 30% of salary & package
Consultant: Toby Day
My client is one of the largest and well respected Solar companies in the UK. Due to increased growth plans they are looking for a capable and well-organised sales executive.
You will deliver sales of products and services to their customer base of corporate and public sector customers in the UK. The role will advise their clients on the role that solar Photovoltaic's and Solar thermal can play in helping them to realise the benefits of the Feed-in-Tariff and ROC’s.
• Manage and drive the sales process from initial enquiry through to contract closure.
• Meet sales targets (revenue, margin and gross profit)
• Effectively manage sales leads from initial enquiries from potential clients, qualifying and pursuing leads into the sales process.
• Build rapport and influence internal sales support, design and project management teams and installers to meet deadlines.
• Identify, establish and develop new accounts.
• Ensure the client receives the best renewable energy solutions/consultation
• Administer and use the customer database as a tool to track prospects
• Compile and manage project files with records of discussions and correspondence and keep them up to date
• Build and develop strong on-going relationships with clients, installers and internal teams.
• Representing at trade exhibitions and shows.
• Provide the client has the best advice and information relating to their carbon reduction needs.
• Ensure the client receives the support and information they require in order to organise installation, training an/or commissioning
• Liaise with project management, legal and finance team to ensure completion of contractual negotiations to an acceptable level of risk.
• Negotiation of favourable Terms and Conditions and payments terms
Skills and Experience:
• Experienced field based sales person
• Proven track record of success in sales, preferably with construction industry experience and ideally with prior knowledge of selling micro renewable technologies to the residential market.
• We need an enthusiastic self starter who is committed to excellent customer service and to maintaining position as the market leader in this field.
• Able to demonstrate competence in driving sales from start to finish.
• Ideally you will have some structured or formal sales training
• Possess an understanding of the key drivers within the renewables market
• Commercially focused, delivering to revenue and margin targets
• Knowledge of building integrated solar products and services
• Be highly motivated and proactive to drive sales and meet targets
• Have excellent planning and organisational skills
• Accomplished at building relationships, negotiating and influencing
• Analytical capability in recognising market trends and building the channels necessary to win new market positions.
• Ability to accurately report on sales pipeline
• Able to develop relationships with customers and inspire confidence in Solarcentury and its products and services
• Work well within a small team and as part of a wider sales force operating in the UK and other European countries
• Communicate effectively both within and outside of the company
• Present yourself with integrity, credibility and professionalism
• Willing and able to travel across the region and to offices when required – keeping inline with the company’s low carbon values.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at: